Tuesday, November 02, 2010

I voted



We went to vote late today and I thought all we had to do was to go to the voting place near the town square. Well, it appears that we can only go there for early voting like we did at the last election and had to go to our regular voting place. Anyway, we had to drive a bit farther this time. We rarely go that way so we decided to try a new place for dinner. Well, there was a bar-b-que place near our voting place but when we pulled up, we decided that it was too much of a dive and left. We then drove by another place and decided that we'd keep looking. There is this restaurant that I've been wanted to try for quite some time so that is where we went since it was nearby. As we parked the car, Matt pointed out that they had a fiddle, playing live music. Then, he realized it was just a guitar. Oh joy, live music. We went in and sat as far away from the music as we could. This place reminded me of restuarants where I grew up. That old anyway, complete with wallpaper from the 70s or early 80s that was falling down. The food they had on the buffet had to have been there for quite some time but we chose the best looking of what little they had. Not the greatest but okay. The guitar was playing gospel music. Another joy! They switched singers midway through our meal to a woman who was singing way off key. For some reason this whole scenerio had me laughing so hard it was hurting. I just couldn't stop laughing and I'm sure the waitresses thought I was stoned or something. Chani was loving it, dancing and having a great time. Needless to say that we won't be visiting this restaurant again. So, that was our evening. Hope you all voted as well but had a better dinner. :)

2 comments:

Randi said...

Holy Cow! Where were you?

Briana's Mom said...

LOL! You need to tell me where you went so I won't go there. Ok, maybe I will just to see for myself! Snort!