Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Cruise - Cruise - 03/2010

This was the view from our hotel room. The Carnival Fantasy out of Mobile. We all watched it pull into port early that morning.

One of the things that Chani loves to do with the towel animals each evening is to pretend to be whatever the animal is and have her picture taken.

At Camp Carnival, they painted them up as pirates. She's giving her scary growl here.

She adored Freddy!

My Mom and Ed went with us. They are all dressed up for formal night.

Love this pose of Chani.

Another towel animal pose. Funny how she sees things.

Random cuteness.





Love how she's dancing with her Papa. She had a blast. I think he did too.

Mom and I went to the towel demonstration and these are our swans. Cute huh?

Another time in Camp Carnival. She loves having her face painted.

Two cruises, yep, two this month.

Went on the first one on The Carnival Fantasy to Cozumel and Calica with my Mom and her husband, Ed. Took my husband and Chani too of course. Had a really good time but didn't take many pictures. Had quite a few professional shots done and will post them sometime in the near future. I need to scan them first. We stopped in Cozumel and actually were able to go scuba diving and did a bit of shopping. We haven't been diving in nearly three years so it was wonderful to get back in the water again. In Calica, we rented a car for $55 and drove to Tulum, some ancient Myan ruins. We purchased a guided tour which was $65 for all of us. We were ripped off at the gas station though, $33 for about 1/4 tank. Matt was pissed. Over all, it sure was a whole lot cheaper and easier than it would have been if we booked it through the ship's price at $300 for the five of us.

Today, I'm meeting up with two of my girl friends and we're heading down to Jacksonville to board another Carnival cruise. We're spending a loooong weekend just the three of us and a couple thousand strangers. No husbands, no children, no cooking. Gotta love it! Today I'm spending the early part of day cleaning the house and preparing for the trip. The count down is on. This time, we're aboard the Carnival Fascination. Chani's first cruise was on this ship and it will be the first ship that I've ever sailed twice and my 11th total. We're heading to the Bahamas, Freeport and Nassau. We booked a dolphin excursion in Freeport but nothing yet for Nassau. I've never been in the water with dolphins so it should be tons of fun. Can't wait for that!

Other news...

I did a home bow party last night and had a great time doing it. Amy's husband and boys helped me haul in the stuff. I've never had it so easy and it was great having so many helpers. Met some wonderful women and have plenty of custom work to do once I get home. Even met a source for some future business dealings. I'm thinking about opening up my travel area for parties so if you live fairly local, within driving distance and would like to host one, just let me know. I have a great incentive package. I've also tweaked the shows to be more of an open house so guests can come and go as they please vs the games, prizes, etc.

5 comments:

Lisa~~ said...

Very fun! Love all the cute piccies of Chani. Have a great time on your girls cruise and I'll see you when we return from ours.

Kim said...

HOW FUN...
Love it..
Chani's hair is getting soo long she is tooo cute..
Have a great evening..

rosamund said...

Looks like this kid had a lot of fun on the cruise, even i love the towel art. I love Carnival cruise because it is a short cruise and so there like 7 days.

carnival cruise

Kim said...

Is Carnival still doing the bonus certificates? You pay $100 for a gift certificate and get an extra $50 of OBC for a 5 day.

Chani's Bow Making Mama said...

Hey Kim. Not that I know of. When we went on this first one, they offered some sort of money back incentive if you CALLED in the reservation. I did on one of the reservations but not the other so I only get it on one room. I am supposed to send in the receipt or something for that. Guess I should look into it and figure it out huh?