Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The full story


Okay, so I couldn't get it all on facebook so here is the full story. I know most of it will be boring but I wanted to document it so here goes.

Today at school, Chani was bitten for the second time by a boy named Beau. This is her fourth assult in less than a year. The first was her first bite on her forearm. The second one two kids were pulling on her arm and dug their nails into her little arm causing it to scar. The third, I went in to pick her up and a kid named Will was hitting her on her face and only stopped when I went over to stop it. Nothing was done with this one but the other three had incident reports written up. I was told the first time that the little boy was taken into the director's office and spoken to. Little good it did.

Along with this, she is supposed to have two changes of clothes at school for accidents. I had them in a ziploc bag and left them in her cubby. Well, the other day she had an accident. It's still unclear as to why it even happened but it did. They sent her home in someone else's jeans and a PULL UP. She has NEVER worn pull ups! Her clothes are nowhere to be found. I asked the teacher's assistant as the teacher was out to lunch but she had no clue and "would ask her teacher". Today I spoke to the owner who also had no clue but said she would "speak to the teacher" who was out sick today.

Then, I found out today that my neighbor's son who is in the same class was bitten on friday. Of course the school wont tell us who did it so we can only assume it was the same boy.

Back to today's situation. As I was picking her up today she went to wash her hands after lunch and that is when I was told about the incident. I asked the asst who bit her and she said she wasn't allowed to tell me. I went right into the bathroom and asked Chani who did it and she told me. I was pissed. The owner happened to be in the room so I told her this is the second time that he has bitten her. She didn't have much to say.

I called Matt on the way home and he said that he would call them. They agreed to change her to the 3 year old class which we feel she should be there already but due to class structure, she won't be able to more up until June or so. Also, they said that she would have to go to a five 1/2 days instead of 2 1/2 days. I don't know if we're ready for that but we're going to give it a try. I do NOT want her to stay in the same class nor sit near Beau. I think we'll give it a trial basis but if it doesn't work out, we'll pull her out completely. I feel they should expell him since it's happened before.

3 comments:

Briana's Mom said...

Oh goodness Kathy - that bite look horrible. I definitely think that boy should be expelled - or at least suspended for a while.

It doesn't sound like this school has their stuff together. And sending Chani home in someone else's jeans? That's crazy!

Is she starting the new class now or in June? There is no doubt Chani is ready for a three year old class. And if there are any more incidents, I think I would pull her out and look for a new school.

Lisa~~ said...

OMG that is horrible and the school is awful lax in dealing with a bad situation. Beau should be expelled as he obviously has some issues. Hope that Chani is healed soon.

Randi said...

The school does not sound like they have their act together. What kind of school is it? I think that I would start looking around at other schools. Hope that Chani is not too upset by all of this.