Sunday, February 14, 2010

Chani's Crayola Crayon Birthday

Our birthday week started out with mine being on Monday the 8th, Chani's on Tuesday the 9th and Matt's yesterday the 13th. We've had a fabulous sugar filled week with tons of birthday parties, Valentine's parties and Chinese New Year celebrations.

The first few are some of the games that I set up for the kids to play.

This is actually a swimming pool game but still worked great as the kids loved playing inside of it.

This one is a bean bag toss. Prizes for this game were rainbow lollipops. I also had a ring toss game where the prizes were handmade soaps in the shape of a crayon box.

A crayon castle for them to color along with a Fruit Loop necklace building station.

Here is the balloon net which I made from bird netting and yarn. And, yes, I did blow up all those balloons. It was a HUGE hit!

My adorable little three year old, the morning of the party.

The gift table along with her party hat.

I had two tables like this but only needed one.

The guests have arrived. We started out by decorating a backpack with foam stickers. They then used the backpacks to put their prizes in. We went on a scavenger hunt for red/blue and yellow crayons which were attached to a prize. Once they had all three, they received a small pail of crayons.

Helping them put the prize into the bags.

Decisions, decisions.



She really wanted her picture taken here.

All decked out with her hat.

Adorable!

Patiently waiting for the food.

Hey, these blow things are kinda cool.

The cupcakes. I did put the crayon picks in all of them.

Cupcake closeup.

Chani's crayon cake.

Are you ready for your cake?

Make a Wish!!

Check out my blue mustache!

Some of the adults.

The grand finale of the evening was the balloon drop. It took four of us to untie and let them down.

Another adorable picture of them waiting for the balloons.

Here they come!!

Thanks Lisa for taking these pictures!!

Katie

And Katie

The color castle had better days.

This is a crayon wreath that I made for the front door.

Since it is Chinese New Year, I put out the door panels. I usually only put these out the evening before CNY.
I also assembled the balloon arch.

Lisa did an awesome post of the food which is where I swiped these next photos. Check out her blog for some additional great photos.Lisa's blog

Veggies, Fruity Pebble treats, Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches.

Chic-Fil-A nuggets, fruit snacks, mandarin oranges.

Chocolate covered pretzels.

The chocolate fountain with various items to dip.

The fruit punch fountain.

Now, some things that I forgot about.
1. I had a game prepared where they would do a musical chair game but sit down and draw on Color Wonder paper. Had it all prepped but forgot about it.
2. Prepared two pasta dishes but forgot to turn on the oven. Oops.
3. Forgot to serve the ice cream.
4. Had made handmade crayons but forgot to pass them out.
5. Had bread to go with said pasta but forgot that too.
6. Bought a crayon book but forgot to read it.

I'm sure that I forgot other things but these are the ones that come to mind now. Even though, I felt that it was a great party and everyone seemed to have a great time. Thank you so much everyone for coming and helping to celebrate our birthdays with us. Also, to those who sent wishes, cards, gifts, emails and phone calls. We truly appreciate it!!

One last thought: Happy Valentines Day and Happy Chinese New Year too!!

9 comments:

Isabella's Mommy and Daddy said...

WOW....
Great Birthday Party..
Happy Birthday Chani..
Love it..
Have a great week.
Hugs..

Briana's Mom said...

You OUTDID yourself Kathy! What a fun and creative party. Seriously, you had so much for the kids to do that I would have never thought that you forgot anything!

I'm so glad the falling balloon pictures turned out so good!

Jackie said...

Wow! It sounds fantastic! So sorry we missed it! When I saw the "forgot" part of your post, I thought, "How could there have been anything else?!!"

Randi said...

That looks like an awesome party. How are you going to top that next year? I am so impressed with all that you did. It makes me really sorry that we could not make it to the party. Looks like we really missed out. I am so glad that Chani had a good time and a great birthday.

Courtney said...

What a wonderful birthday. I love the crayon theme. The balloon drop was a wonderful idea and looked like so much fun.

Lisa~~ said...

Total fun and you did a fabu job in planning and doing the party. Happy birthday week to all of you. Thanks for having us.

3D said...

I bow to the Party Mama Master!! I am planning Daphne's first b-day and you are inspiring me to get moving.

Keep smilin!

Pug Mama said...

Holy WOW!!!
Woman, you should go into party planning - AWESOME!!!!
HAppy belated B-Day to the both of you!!
xoxoxoxo

Karen said...

Hi! I loved all your ideas--we just had a crayon-themed birthday party for my little girl on Saturday. She will be 3 this week. I copied your balloon drop--and it was a HUGE hit! The kids just LOVED it! I haven't posted photos yet, but will one day soon. (It may take me a week or two to get to the bday post--LOL!) Are you in the ATL area? We are. I need to read your blog some more--we are in the process of adopting our son from Korea. We are hoping to welcome him home one day next month. :o) Also ... I was JUST researching the other day about going to PA to the Crayola place and Sesame Place and Hershey. I would love to go there. I am rambling. Happy 5th!