Thursday, May 21, 2009

Our trip up north part 2

On our final day, we awoke earlier than usual since we were still on Eastern time. We ate our breakfast, loaded the car and headed down south for a couple of hours. We stopped by my Aunt and Uncle's for a short visit. He's my Dad's brother and reminds me so much of Dad, especially when he says, "Good-bye". They have six grand kids and boy did they have the toys. Chani was in heaven being here. One of their sons stopped by to see us for a little bit before we had to leave again. Next time I think we'll stay with them. I wish we would have this time but we know better now. We then loaded in the car once again and headed to KC to meet up with another of their sons for lunch. We had a quick lunch with him and headed to our hotel. Oh, how I wish I had more time. They had a great indoor pool and I would have loved to gone swimming but we didn't have the time.

Instead of swimming, we went here. This place was an old school that they turned into a discovery place for little ones. We spent almost three hours here. Chani had such a fun time. Later on, we met up with my nephew who turns 21 in another week. It was fun to see him as an "adult".

Sadly, we had to get back to the hotel to get settled and up again the next morning to return the car and catch our flight.

All in all, it was a great trip. Just a bit too short and nearly 800 miles on the rental car. I wish I had the time to visit a few more relatives and do a few more things. Matt wants to go back on the Fourth of July, 2010 for our cheesy hometown celebration. I took him once when we were still dating and he saw his first parade with tractors. He's never let me forget that! Hey, it's Iowa. What do you expect?

My Uncle Bob on the floor with Chani.



My cousin, Rob had just left but made the trip back just to see us.


Connie, Chani, Bob and Robbie.



Our visit to Wonderscope.




Our little scuba diver.




Our dinner with my nephew, Nathan and his girlfriend, Kaitlin.








Come on Mom, let's go!!

1 comment:

Isabella's Mommy and Daddy said...

Looks like your trip was AMAZING..
Love the photos..
Have a great weekend...
Hugs..