Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Daddy-O

This last weekend, at the last minute, we decided to continue with our tradition of spending our anniversary in a town, city, state or country that ends with the "e" sound. So far, we've been able to keep up with this tradition which just happened to fall into place the first couple of years.

We headed up to Tennessee. We received a flier in the mail advertising a new water park up in Sevierville so we decided to go. We dropped everything and headed up. It was such a short trip that it's all just a blur. Chani did great on both car rides. When we arrived, we had expected a one bedroom suite. Well, we ended up with a studio, complete with full kitchen and a murphy bed. Well, in order to get the one bedroom, we had to open up the go between doors. So, basically, we rented two rooms. The second room had three beds and a microwave and refrigerator. I kind of felt ripped off. Not too happy with the place.

The water park was included in the price but it was a bit cold so we didn't stay but for a couple of hours. They did have some really nice play areas. Chani had a great wading pool with swings, slides, water shooting from fountains, falling from buckets, etc. She loved the slide.

Along with our room, we got free u-pick tickets. So, instead of playing in the water the second day, we decided to go to some of the attractions. We went to Ripley's Believe it or not which was actually kind of cool. Not so much for Chani but I thought it was interesting. We also went to a maze of mirrors which also was kind of neat. We had free admission to the aquarium so we went there also. After all of those, we hopped in the car and before we had it in reverse, she was out and we headed home. She slept for a good hour and then was wide awake. For some reason, she started saying Daddy-O. Matt would then call her Chani-O. They went back and forth at least 100 times, long and short, soft and loud. It was really cute.

We stopped by an A&W/Long John Silvers and both Matt and I ended up sick.

We had to rush home because I had to go work at a consignment sale Tuesday morning. Since I was sick, I was dragging so much by the end of the four hours. I hadn't eaten at all all day and even though I stopped and picked up a hamburger on the way home, I couldn't eat it. When I got home, I had a slight fever so I took a bath and climbed into bed. This morning, it took all I had to choke down a bowl of cereal. I just am not hungry at all and even though my fever is gone, I'm still not 100%. But, the presale was today so I did manage to go there and found a toddler bed and picked up some play kitchen tools that I saw come in yesterday.

And now, for a few photos.

Toddler area

Shot of the indoor water park

Leaving the hotel

An outside shot of the water slides. These were too big for her.

She loved sticking her hand inside here to find out what was inside.

We were able to touch this sting ray as it swam around. It was slimy.

Walking along the footbridge from the aquarium to shopping area of Gatlinburg.

The huge chair at Ripley's.

The mirror maze

3 comments:

Isabella's Mommy and Daddy said...

LOVE the pictures..
Sounds like you had a great time..
Sorry to hear you got sick..
Have a great week.
Hugs..

Kim said...

Cute pictures!

Did you stay at Governors in Pigeon Forge?

There is a summer adoption event at the Beijing Acrobats in Pigeon Forge, have you heard about it? I'll try to find the info, I am pretty sure we are going :)

Briana's Mom said...

We passed that hotel when we were on our way to Gatlinburg back in November. I wondered what it was like!

Sorry you got sick though. :(