Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Recaps

I thought Christmas time was busy and that it would slow down since all the holidays are over but it really hasn't. It seems like we're busier than ever. Here are a few recaps of things that have been going on.

January.
*I turned over the Atlanta adoption group to Ann so someone new could organize it. I had been doing it for two years and it was time for some new ideas to come into the group.

*We started a gymnastics class for Chani. She goes once a week and this last week, after having missed two weeks due to school holiday and vacation, she got right back into it. She felt so comfortable that she was running around and bouncing. She didn't cling to me which although is a bit sad that she didn't, it's a great thing! She loves, loves, loves the swing. It's a belt that they tie around your waist and raise you high into the air and swings back and forth. I am told that she is also amazing at landing on her feet from a backwards flip for being so young.

*Our readoption was finalized and our judge signed off on it, allowing our adoption. It was a bit creepy having him say that but now she is registered in GA and we even received her birth certificate. There's not much to it but we now have it in addition to her Chinese birth certificate.

*We celebrated our new president's election with a cocktail party. So happy that the election is finally over and someone new is in charge.

*We checked out a preschool but decided against it at this time. She is just too young. Besides, I am not ready to let her go quite yet. Perhaps in the fall of 2010 when she is three.

*I hosted Bunco and a Dove chocolate party. The chocolate party was pretty awesome. I wish that I had a larger house so I could invite more people. We drank chocolate martinis and had a great time tasting all kinds of chocolate. Yum!!

*We had a girls night out and went to this really cool painting place. We all gather around tables with easels and a blank canvas. The instructor tells us how to mix our colors and how to paint a picture. Then, everyone in the class paints the same thing and you get to take it home with you. It is so much fun and a great way to spend the evening with the girls.

*We went to the children's museum down in Atlanta. This was another really cute field trip. Chani seemed to really enjoy it.

*I also went to a Tupperware party. My first one. I remember when I was a kid, Mom would go to them. Growing up, we always had Tupperware. At this party, I saw a few things that my parents had when we were growing up. It was cool seeing all of it and I even bought a few pieces. I am wanting to have my own party sometime in April or May so if you want to come, just let me know. That evening coming home, I was in the car all alone and burst out laughing. For some reason, it struck me funny that I had just been to a Tupperware party. It was a fun night.

*Countless play dates at each other's houses, bouncing at the bounce house, story time at the library, etc.

Tomorrow, a recap of February.

1 comment:

Isabella's Mommy and Daddy said...

Holy Moly.. you are BUSY..
Sounds like great things..
Hugs..Wish I lived closer so I could come over..
Have a great week..