Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Gotcha Day



Today we celebrate one of our best days ever. The day our little girl was placed in our arms for the very first time. One year ago today, we nervously awoke, paced around our hotel room in a daze, just like the previous few days and waited until we could board the bus. Awhile later, we were there with all of the babies all bundled up. The one and only little girl with the bows in her hair would become our daughter. I remember thinking how beautiful she was. She sucked on her arms for comfort which she still does. Another thing I remember really well is that she wanted to check out our teeth. She would stick her fingers in there, looking around. And, of course, we would have done anything to please her. Later on, as we were back at our room, she fell asleep in Daddy's arms. I don't recall the exact time of day although I'm sure I could find it written down somewhere. I do remember needing to go eat a meal afterwards and our guides stressing to us that it was important for us to all gather for that meal. At that meal, she must have been crying or something because I remember one of the waitresses picking her up and cuddling with her. Our guide spoke sternly to her and made her give her back. Those are the things that I remember most of our first day.

Fast forward a year...

She now runs, jumps, dances, plays, sings, talks and still eats very well. She is such a delight and we have to be the luckiest people on the world to have her. She is everything that I wished for and more. Today we are starting out the day with taking her out for breakfast, a trip to see Santa, decorating the tree and whatever else we happen upon during the day.

Oh, one more thing I wanted to mention but forgot, Debbie took this fabulous photo of us. Debbie, thank you from the bottom of my heart for doing all that you do for us. You are an amazing photographer.

9 comments:

Isabella's Mommy and Daddy said...

Happy 1 Year Gotcha Day...
She is soooooo ADORABLE.
I am sooo happy for you..
Doesn't seem like a year..
Have a Great Day..
HUGS....
Love the pictures..

Briana's Mom said...

Happy Gotcha Day Anniversary! I can't believe Chani has been in your arms for an entire year. She gets more and more beautiful every day!

Pixel Fairy Princess said...

Wow! One very good year :D
Have a GREAT day today!
Ladybug hugs,
;D

Lindsay said...

Happy anniversary.

Beverly said...

happy gotcha day!!

Catherine said...

Congratulations on this wonderful milestone. A precious year as a family!!

Special K said...

Happy 1 year as a family!

Pug Mama said...

Happy Gotcha Day!!!

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Congrats on your 1 year Gotcha Day... how I am looking forward to just getting to China to get our Shauna...

I know I have been away for a while... life is crazy right now...

If I don't get to you later... have a great Xmas...

Take care