Thursday, November 06, 2008

Terrible Twos Tantrum

So, these are coming on more and more. As we were on our way home today, we stopped by McDonalds to grab a bite to eat and to wake her up a bit as she was almost out before we got home and I didn't want that. After we finished eating, I let her play on the playground equipment and after she had gone down the slide half a dozen times, I told her to put on her shoes. She said she wanted to keep sliding so I told her okay, one more time and then we would go. After that turn, she flat out refused to stop. I tried putting her shoes on her but she arched her back, screamed no, cried and tried everything in her power to not put her shoes on. I picked them up, along with her and had to walk through the entire place with her crying. I put her in her seat and gave her a book. She kept crying out shoes, shoes and slide, slide. I told her no again and that she could have them when we got home. I then let her cry it out. She cried most of the way home, screaming for her shoes and slide. I just pretty much ignored her. Then, just as quickly as it started, it stopped. She was then chanting trick or treat Mama, trick or treat Daddy and trick or treat Bindi, laughing it up.

We went with the playgroup today and did some pottery painting. She painted a Christmas tree as did all the other kids. I did a moose. I'm excited to see them all fired. I am wanting to go back and so some more. I'd love to be able to take my time painting a piece. I like doing it so much, I'd like to make it a weekly thing. I wonder if I could talk Matt into keeping Chani that much?!!




This last weekend, we went to Dare's 2nd birthday party. I got very few shots before my camera battery died. I was disappointed that I didn't get any more shots. When I got home, I popped the battery in the charger and let it charge overnight as the next day, we were heading to the zoo. Chani's first trip to the zoo (I don't count the one in China as it was so pathetic.) Well, that battery lay on the counter instead of inside the camera which by the way, went with me all over the zoo. Oh boy! No pictures of that either.

I did manage to snap a few of Chani helping Daddy with the kitchen sink earlier in the day.

I'm all finished with preparing for the craft show that I'm doing this weekend. Everything is packed and ready to be loaded into the truck and carted off to the show. This is only the second time that I will be leaving Chani with someone. She is going to play with her friend Katie tonight for a couple hours while Matt helps me get set up. I have no idea how long it will take us but he needs to help me with the heavy stuff so we decided that we should get her a sitter. I'm a bit nervous although I know she'll be in good hands. I just don't know how she will act, especially with her stunt today. We should be home before bedtime so that should help, I would think. Wish me luck this weekend. I hope to sell out!!

Ending on a sad note, my Uncle Bud passed away this week. I haven't seen him in years but he never failed to send a Christmas letter. I'll miss that and him too.

2 comments:

Briana's Mom said...

LOL! I have been there! It doesn't really happen anymore, but Briana used to scream when I tried to leave Chick Fil A. Fun stuff. ;)

Love Chani's little apron.

I am so sad I am going to miss the sale this weekend. Good luck!

And I am so sorry to hear about your uncle. :(

Lisa~~ said...

I can't even count the number of times i've had to pick Maisie up football style and carry her kicking and a screaming. Thankfully they are still small and light enough that we can do it.

Good luck with your show and Chani will probably have great fun with your friend watching her.

Sorry to hear about the loss of your uncle.

L~~