Thursday, November 13, 2008

My first craft show


My friend Randi asked me to be in her MOPS holiday craft show this year. It's a huge fundraiser for them so I thought, why not. Matt built me some spinning towers and I put together nearly 800 bows. Prior to that, I had to come up with a price list. That was no easy task but I think I finally have it to where it's consistent and competitive with others. Matt is still working on the website a little at a time. I took photos of those 800 bows and am in the process of labeling them and getting them ready to be posted on the site. In the meantime, I still have the temporary site and I've been posting some pictures to that when I have the time. I managed to talk to a couple who have opened up a hair salon/spa who want a spinner of their own with bows to sell based on consignment. Matt is building me a scaled down version of the spinner. He's building me a couple extra just in case someone else out there wants the same. I also met a couple different women who are looking for cheer leading bows. Both want around 20 each. I'd so love to get both of those jobs. I did a mock up of one and I think it looks pretty good. It is huge! I learned a lot about what people want in bows so I'll concentrate on that. I have a second bow show coming up this weekend with Bridgett. And then, another small one scheduled at one of the local elementary schools. I'm really looking forward to both of these. Now I need to make some bows in school colors and more holiday bows.

5 comments:

Briana's Mom said...

I am so sad I missed it! Your booth looked amazing! I hope you sold a lot of bows!

Randi said...

I am so glad that you did our show. I am thrilled that you are getting so much interest.

Lisa~~ said...

So professional looking. Hope you had great sales.

Isabella's Mommy and Daddy said...

GREAT JOB!!!!!
The bow stands look great..
And I always knew you could sell your bows..
You are AMAZING..
Can't wait to see the new idea's..
Have fun at your next one..
Hugs..

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

You know... it isn't as easier as it looks... I do this with my photos (though no shows) I put the photos on cards... not easy at all...
Happy Thanksgiving