Friday, October 17, 2008

How did this happen?

Okay, so I've been wanting to spend a weekend alone, all by myself so I can get some much needed cleaning, sorting and pitching done. I've been asking Matt to take the little one and head up north to his parents for a weekend so I can have some alone time IN my house. Every weekend this month and most of next are busy with various activities all that include Chani. He has agreed to this arrangement sometime when we have a free weekend, so yay!! Anyway, in a couple of weeks, I will be doing a craft show and he'll have to watch her all day for a couple of days. He offered to take her up north that weekend. What??!! How does that help me with being alone IN the house? Insert Chani's new phrase, "Duh Daddy." here. So they are staying home and I'm still without a weekend.

I started thinking the other day that I really could use some time AWAY from the house so I don't even have to think about the task at hand so I started talking to Lisa about going out of town. After a few hundred phone calls and emails, we decided that we'd take the little girls and us big girls and go on a little weekend trip without the men. We even went so far as to book it!! Yay!! I'm so excited about going. Lisa, Doug and Briana just came back from an awesome sounding trip so we decided to go and visit a few of the places they just did. We have a lot of the same activities planned and a few different ones thrown in there. I can't wait!

So now, I'm taking Chani and going out of town and leaving Matt home alone in the house all weekend! So, how did that happen that he gets the free weekend at home, alone!!?? Geesh!

Speaking of Lisa and Maisie - HAPPY, HAPPY THIRD BIRTHDAY MAISIE!!!

5 comments:

Briana's Mom said...

You gals are going to have SO much fun! Wish I could be there too! Take LOTS of pictures!

Isabella's Mommy and Daddy said...

HOW FUN...
Can't wait to see pictures..
Hugs..

Lindsay said...

Maybe while he's home alone Matt will do all the cleaning for you :)

Have a fantastic trip!

Lisa~~ said...

Thanks for the sweet birthday wishes and we'll see you at the birthday bash shortly!! I can't wait for our trip and isn't it funny how the guys always seem to end up with the child and wife free weekends!!!

DAVID AND AMY VENN'S WEBSITE said...

Have fun!! It is amazing just how much our husbands comprehend (or how much they do not) when we are talking with them huh?
Amy