Monday, October 13, 2008

Creatures

Okay, the other day on the bounce house in the back yard, Matt saw this spider and captured it. I brought it in the house and tried to find out what kind it was. I think it was a huntsman spider. It was a very large spider. I kept it overnight and then released it back behind the fence the next day.


On Sunday, again out getting the bounce house ready to play and I came across this scorpion. This is the first time I've seen one in the yard so I captured it and brought it in the house to look at it up close and to see what kind it was. It was only about an inch or so long and I think it was a southern devil.


Now, I HATE the thought of these creatures living just outside in the yard but I find them rather fascinating.

7 comments:

Isabella's Mommy and Daddy said...

Okay... YUCK..
Arizona is known for Scorpions.. but I have never had one in our house...
That is a BIG spider..
Have a Great Week..

sea star said...

Aaagh! You are a braver woman than myself, though they are fascinating creatures.

Lisa~~ said...

You need to warn us before you put those creatures on your blog...scared the you-know-what out of me. EWWWWWW!!!

Lindsay said...

Have to say if I'd found that spider I would not have brought it into my house!

... screamed blue murder, called for protection or beaten it to death perhaps.

But rescued it - no way!

I'm suitably impressed (and a little grossed out :) )

Catherine said...

I am SO not a bug person. Made me laugh that you not only took pics of these little creatures but captured them and took them into your home? You're brave!!

Kim said...

I'd croak to find either of those near my house lol

Amie@HeartSmiles said...

WOW. You are WAY braver than I!! ewww....

:)
AMie