Sunday, September 28, 2008

Where's the gas???

Okay, I've never seen anything like this before. Matt said back in the 70's it happened but I don't remember it. The last week, gas not only has skyrocketed price wise but it's nowhere to be found. The other day, I passed 8 gas stations and only one had gas. People all over Atlanta are struggling to find gas and if they do, they are waiting in long lines for hours. But, so far, we have been lucky and found gas when we needed it. I'm down to about 1/2 tank and I'm really starting to sweat it. At this point, people don't care how much it is costing. They just need fuel. I've also noticed a few more abandoned cars along the highway. Next week, I'm canceling all unnecessary or unpaid for trips anywhere and staying home.

3 comments:

Isabella's Mommy and Daddy said...

My mother told me about this.. So sorry.. I hope it doesn't get worse..
Hugs..
Have a Great Week..

Briana's Mom said...

I am at about a half a tank in the FX. Doug had a full tank until he drove to work this morning. I hope this gas situation lets up!

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Yeah... what is it???? Our friend we are meant to meet up with in Sth FL in a few days is stuck in GA cause the plane had no gas???? What the... My SIL in NC is only allowed to get 10 gallons at a time??? Me, I just filled mine to the top... I will Fed-Ex some up...