Friday, September 26, 2008

Another major boo boo

Can you say heartache?


We were on our way out to the car on our way to our music class. On our way out the door into the garage, we have three brick steps. Quite some time ago, Matt had put some boxes right beside the steps so she wouldn't fall off the side. Well, these boxes have become a flat surface to catch misc junk. Something up there caught her attention as we were walking out and I told her to leave it alone and walked on to the car to put my junk into it. She usually follows me and I put her into the car. Well, as I was stocking the car, I heard two loud thumps. The final one was quite loud. Then I heard the piercing, heart wrenching wailing. I literally just dropped my stuff and ran to her. The next few minutes were a blur but I do remember bringing her inside and trying not to panic. I ran with her to the bathroom, grabbing the towel and wiping up the gallons, okay what seemed like gallons of blood gushing out her nose. Every time she would exhale, more blood would gush out. She was crying and I was trying desperately to console her, holding her and getting blood all over everything; her clothes, shoes, hands, and even her hair bow, She got it on my clothes, my neck, the couch and the rug but I really didn't care. My baby girl was hurting. I finally stopped the blood, cleaned up her face, changed her clothes and asked her if she still wanted to go to class. My little trooper said yes so off we went. A new handrail is on the shopping list.

5 comments:

Briana's Mom said...

OH NO! Poor Chani! What a trooper! She still wanted to go to class!

Isabella's Mommy and Daddy said...

Oh NO... I am hurting...
But sounds like Chani is one tough cookie..
Sorry to hear about the fall..
Have a Wonderful Weekend..

Pug Mama said...

oh my goodness!! Poor baby!!!

Kim said...

Poor little thing! It's crazy how much they can bleed then just pop up and be ready to go again!

Natalie climbs and leaps off of things and hits her head daily. Its taking years off my life I tell ya.

Beverly said...

it really is heartwrenching when our children get hurt.