Wednesday, August 06, 2008

She remembered

Today has been a rough day. I went to the doctor to have a couple of moles removed.

Three prescriptions total out of pocket - $550. Is that crazy or what?

I'm guessing it's all going towards the new deductible they started this year. It sucks!

When I returned home, Matt told me to look at Chani's eye. Yesterday it was a bit red and she was rubbing it. I didn't think too much of it but today there was a bump on it, swollen up and red so I called her doctor and took her in. We were called back and when we went into the room, I went to set her down on the table. She screamed - loud. She did not want to sit on that table and would scream when anyone came close to her. I undressed her and we went to weigh her and she screamed while she sat on the scale. Torture like screams. I finally got her calmed down once we were back to the room and when the doctor entered, she had another screaming episode. I felt to horrible and tried to comfort her as much as I could. She was terrified and held onto me tighter than she ever has. He looked at her eye and she has a sty. He was quite surprised by it and said that it's pretty uncommon for a child her age to have one.

Her one prescription - $5.10.

4 comments:

Isabella's Mommy and Daddy said...

WOW.. that is a HUGE co-pay...
Insurance companies sure do get us where it hurts...
Sorry to hear about Chani.. hope her eye gets better soon..
Have a Great Week...
Hugs..

~ Alison n' Mali~ said...

Mali got a HUGE sty last December. It was similar to having a big painful pimple on her eyelid. As soon as it healed up, she developed (another!) one in her other eye . . . cross contamination I suppose. I just continued on with the same eyedrops, never took her back to to Dr. She hasn't had another since then - thank goodness.

It did get fairly gross there for a while towards the end - warm washcloths help.

Briana's Mom said...

YIKES!!!! That is some mega bucks you had to pay!

So sorry to hear about Chani. Poor baby. It must be something about that doctor's office. Remember how Briana melted down and threw herself on the floor when I was trying to pay the last time we were there? Good times...

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

That is one thing I find very, very hard to get use to in the US... payments for medicines... though open that Chani is feeling alot better now... take care