Thursday, July 03, 2008

Lost the Bloggy Feeling

Okay, so I haven't been blogging much. Not because I don't have things to record which is a lot of the reason why I blog, but, because I just have no inspiration or time to do it. I don't comment much on others blogs anymore either. Most of the time, I just don't have all that much to say. Then, I think, what's wrong with me? Why can't I come up with something witty to say but all I get is a blank comment block and empty thoughts for words to say so I just leave without saying anything at all. I find that I do that a lot in person too. I guess I'm just not a talker. But then, I feel guilty because people are so caring and gracious when they comment on mine. Again, what is wrong with me? I also don't like getting all mushy on comments either, although sometimes I do and a lot of times, the blogs bring tears to my eyes but I just can't come up with something. So, if I have commented on your blog before, know that I'm reading it but just not saying so.

With the blog, I want to be able to look back and see the different things that have happened throughout the long wait and the beginning years of her life with us. It has been an amazing ride and every day I am so thankful that we have her. She may push my buttons at times but what child doesn't?

Anyhow, this week, Lisa & Briana, Debbie and Li Li and Chani and I all went to pick some blueberries. It was a lot of fun. My crazy little girl didn't much like picking them off the bush but once I let her eat a couple, she went nuts for them. She would eat them right out of the bucket. After we were done, we came back to my place and the girls played and played. Lisa summed up the day quite nicely on her blog. Here are a few more pictures of the day. She also summed up our play date too that we had earlier. Debbie, Ian, Li Li, Chani and I went back yesterday but the blueberries had been picked over quite a bit by then. Debbie got a great shot of Chani picking one. I'll post it once she uploads it.

Picking blueberries at Blueberry Hill!

Playing at the house.

After everyone left and later that afternoon, I let her go out on the deck. There is a tarp out there that had some rain water on it. I had shut the door and watched her through it. She loved playing in that little bit of water. Then, she saw me watching her and gave me the huge smile and wave.


Then, from our previous play date. I love the second to last one when Doug picked Briana back up. Chani didn't much like having to give Doug back to Briana.


Play date with Lisa, Briana and Doug.

Awhile back, Matt and I took Chani to the mall and let her play in the soft play area. There were so many kids there so we didn't stay too long. They just bulldoze their way around, whizzing right past her almost knocking her down. We also rode the carousel. We've been waiting a long time to ride this so it was a really special treat for us.



I am finally feeling better. After my family doctor, a chiropractor and finally an orthopedic surgeon, I am standing straight again and not quite so much pain. My x-rays look normal and I won't have to have surgery. Yay!!

Last weekend, we went to a Bat Mitzvah. This was our first time going to one. We watched as Sarah did her thing and did her reading, a lot of it we couldn't understand what she was saying but it was interesting to hear her speak. I even dropped a few tears listening to her parents praise her. Then the best part came, the party. Chani loves, loves loves dancing, especially if there is a dance floor. She has no inhibitions and will go out there and dance away. She always has such a great time, even if she's the only one. It was really a great day and being part of their special day. I only wish my back wasn't hurting so I could have danced.



Just because - Don't you wish you looked this cute when you wake up in the morning?



Happy 4th of July everyone!! Be safe and have a blast! We're skipping the fireworks this year. It's a bit too late for us now that we have a little one. Oh, who am I kidding, it's a bit too late for me too.

Kudos to those who read this whole thing.

5 comments:

Briana's Mom said...

I honestly think Doug would steal Chani from you if you let him! LOL! Chani is a super cutie!

We had soooo much fun blueberry picking - you always think of the coolest things to do.

Bar/Bat Mitzvahs are so fun. They are like mini wedding receptions!

See you next week!

Isabella's Mommy & Daddy said...

LOVE all the pictures...
Chani is soooo adorable..
I LOVE the video... her little voice is soooo cute...
I love reading your post and seeing Chani grow up..
It makes me smile..
Have a Happy 4th of July..
HUGS..

Randi said...

I am sorry that we have not been able to get together for so long. Maybe next month when school gets back in session I will have a normal schedule again. I bet Chani is so different than the last time I saw her.

Wasser Family said...

Glad you are feeling better, I love being able to see how Chani is growing she is beautiful.

Beverly said...

She is so cute. All of the picks are adorable. If you are tired of blogging words then just do quick pics for a bit.