Wednesday, July 23, 2008

First tantrum

Okay, all along when Chani starts to cry when she doesn't want to leave me or when it's time for bed and she would cry, Matt kept telling me that she was just throwing a tantrum. I kept telling him, no it's not a tantrum, she is just upset. Well, today we witnessed her first "real" one. I got her up from her afternoon nap, brought her downstairs and set her down, just like every other time I get her up. I walked into the livingroom and she started screaming. I told her to come to me if she wanted me to hold her but she squatted down and then before I knew it, she was down on all fours, crying and screaming. All because I walked away from her. It lasted maybe 30 seconds and when she realized that I was NOT going to pick her up, she got up and came to me. I then held her and made her say she was sorry. She calmed down and now is as pleasant as can be, wearing her new shoes and running in circles around the staircases.

5 comments:

Briana's Mom said...

Welcome to the tantrum club! It only lasted 30 seconds? I wish Briana's only lasted that long!

Randi said...

I will second what Lisa said. Jack has never had a tantrum that only lasted 30 seconds. I wish that I could tell you that tantrums stop in few years. Jack is almost 5.....

Isabella's Mommy and Daddy said...

WOW.. that doesn't sound like sweet little Chani...
She just wanted to see how far she could push mommy's buttons..

Cindy said...

Claire is also a card holding member of the tantrum club and has been since abt 18 months. Sometimes I can't help laughing to myself when she just cries for absolutely no reason.

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

This is one thing I am not looking forward... I must be the meany from hell... my nieces/nephews knew very well they couldn't push my buttons with a tantrum and tried it but gave up... wonder how I will go when it is my own child... hehehehe