Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Consignment Sale

These past couple of weeks, I have been busy collecting stuff that Chani has outgrown. All her old outfits that I originally got from a consignment, bottles and misc things of which she has no use anymore. I've organized it, tagged it, and counted it.
In Georgia, as I'm sure in a few other states, they have consignment sales twice a year. They are different from the stores that are permanantly there. The one I signed up for is for the Fall/Winter season and it's one of the largest sales in Georgia with over 500 sellers. I signed up early and in order to guarantee a seller's spot, you needed to volunteer to work a four hour shift, helping with the sale. Today was my day to work, organizing the stuff. I got up and headed over to the fairgrounds. They have two large buildings and a huge tent outside. One building was for clothes on hangers, the other one is for small toys and other stuff. All the big stuff was outside in the tent. I was assigned linens so once the sellers dropped off their stuff into large bins, the volunteers sorted them down further. I was on my feet the entire time but it went so fast and it was really a lot of fun. The other perk about volunteering is that you get to go to the presale before the general public. So, Wednesday afternoon, I'll be heading over there once again to shop early. (The sale doesn't start until Thursday.) I've only been to one other presale and loved it. You get the first shot at the stuff. I am really excited to go. Then, early Saturday evening, after Briana's birthday party, I get to go back the final time, pick up my check and anything that I didn't mark "donate". I just hope everything sales and I make lots of money!!

1 comment:

Isabella's Mommy and Daddy said...

HOW FUN!!!!
I wish we had something like that....
Chani has sooo many adorable clothes...
Have fun..
Can't wait to see what you get at the sale....