Sunday, June 22, 2008

Perfect Day for Potluck Picnic + 3 Word Sunday

Yesterday we gathered together for our monthly potluck with our local adoptive group at a small pavilion in a local park. It was my first time at this pavilion and what a beautiful location. It was a bit far to walk from the parking lot but it was a nice place. There were trees surrounding it, a little creek running close to it, a huge bar-b-que pit and a cool breeze at times. It was the only one that was still available when I called to inquire about reserving one. I was a bit worried that we might get some rain but we didn't and the weather was perfect.

Everyone really outdid themselves with the dishes they brought. I think almost everything was homemade and really tasty. (Tasty is one of Chani's new words.) So is "shit" but we won't go there. We chatted and the kids played in a small play ground and around the pavilion with the ball. They are so cute when they all get together.

Here are some pictures of the day.



A little background on the 3 Word Photo. I despise grasshoppers with a passion. They are the most disgusting creatures and I can NOT stand them. They freak me out, big time. Well, when I went to upload the picnic photos, here was the very first picture that came up. Gross! Matt didn't tell me about it and thought it would be funny for me to just happen upon them. And yes, even the picture gives me the willies.

6 comments:

Briana's Mom said...

The girls are so adorable all holding hands together! I am so sad we missed it, but it looks like you had a great time!

LOL - your hatred for grasshoppers is as bad as my hatred for lizards. They freak me out!

Isabella's Mommy & Daddy said...

I love the picture of the girls holding hands.... They are all soooo beautiful..
Looks like you had a GREAT day..
Love the 2 new words that Chani has learned...LOL
Hugs to you..
The grasshopper is pretty big.. one thing about AZ. we don't really have bugs... TOO HOT..
Have a Great Week..

Special K said...

Love the one where she pulls the bow out of her hair. That's so funny.

Looks like a really fun time.

Alyson & Ford said...

As kids we use to have contests to see whose grasshopper could jump the farthest :)
Great pics!
peace
fm

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

ISI swear she is getting cuter and cuter each day...

Beth said...

You meet monthy? That is great!!! Chani is just adorable!