Sunday, May 11, 2008

3 Word Sunday


Okay, my photo is 3 words but I just had to add about 300 more.

Happy Mother's Day!!!

To the two most important Mothers in the world, my mom and my mother-in-law! Without these two women, neither of us would be here today. Many times I look at my own daughter and think how my mom must have felt about me so many years ago. I often think, wow, mom must have sat back and had such pride watching me do the things that I'm watching Chani do. I think of all the hundreds of times I've lifted her out of her highchair or some other daily task and think that my mom did the exact thing for me so many times too, times five. My mom has taught me so many things and for that I'll be forever grateful. My mother-in-law was there for Matt and did the exact same things for him times three. Both of them are excellent (I almost used great here but I doubt if they would appreciate that!) grandmothers. They both fell in love instantly with Chani, just like we did. I look forward to each and every time we can make the trip to see them or them coming here. Thank you both for being our mothers and grandmothers. We love you both, more than you'll ever know.

Next to all my friends, sisters, sister-in-law who have been moms for some time. I can honestly say that each and everyone that I know are great mothers. Happy Mother's Day to all of you!

The category that I fall into today is for all the new mother's celebrating their very first Mother's Day! I know the giddy feeling of finally being able to have that baby in your arms. Finally to have the pitter-patter of little feet running about. It is the most wonderful feeling in the world. A very Happy Mother's Day to all of you.

And finally, to those who are still waiting. The sadness that this day brings, I so very much know the feeling. Knowing your daughter is still out there, waiting for you and not in your arms is so hard. I know nothing I can say can make it better and you don't wanna hear how to be patient and your day will come so I'll just wish you a Happy Mother's Day To Be and hope that your day will be here sooner than later!!

To all those other mothers that I forgot to mention and to those I don't even know, Happy Mother's Day to you too!!

11 comments:

amy said...

What a fabulous pic and beautiful post..Enjoy your day!

Lindsay said...

What a wonderful post. So well written.

Like you, I am celebrating my first Mother's Day - we have the exact same 3 Word Sunday words! :)

Your post is beautiful. Your daughter is beautiful! Congratulations and have a wonderful day.

Lisa~~ said...

Happy first of many Mother's Day.

sea star said...

Beautiful photo! Happy first Mother's Day to you!

Isabella's Mommy & Daddy(Kim & John) said...

Happy Mother's Day...
Looks like a Wonderful Day..
Hugs girly..

Randi said...

You look so very happy:) I know that you are enjoying your special day.

Briana's Mom said...

Love the tribute to your moms!

You look so pretty in this pic - you are glowing!

Special K said...

Happy Mother's Day!

Ani said...

happy day to you. and i love the new look!!!!

Alyson & Ford said...

And HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to you as well. Fantastic post and loved the 3 Word Sunday...

peace
fm

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Hope you had a wonderful Mothers Day... Chani is such a cherub... take care