Friday, April 25, 2008

Trip to the Aquarium

Today Chani and I drove down to the aquarium and met up with Debbie, Ian, Li Li and Maisie to visit the aquarium. I can now say that we have gotten our money's worth out of the season tickets. Woohoo!!! When it gets crowded, we can leave without feeling guilty or that we have missed something because we can always go back another day. I only wish it were a bit closer and I didn't have to drive in Atlanta traffic to get there but it's still a fun place to visit and one of my favorites. Anyone wanna go??

I've been looking for a Mom's group in my town for quite some time now and I have finally found one. I've been pretty choosy in searching for one that has exactly the right fit for us. For starters, it had to be just a plain play group. I wasn't interested in attending discussion groups or being separated from the kids like I've heard they do in some MOPS groups. Nor am I ready to leave her like a mother's morning out group. One day, I'm sure I'll change my mind about that but not right now. I didn't want it too large either. And, what's up with all the groups charging a fee to be a member? Come on! Really? I have quite a hard time paying to go play at someone's house or to be friends in a group. I just think that is greedy. And, while I'm on the subject on money, what's with tipping every Tom, Dick and Harry? Does no one work for a wage anymore? Tip me, tip me! It's really gotten out of hand with everyone asking for one. Okay, off my soap box about that for now. I also didn't want the group to be focused solely on China or adotion. I already have that and I LOVE our China/Adoption group and the lifetime friends I have made with them. I'm so glad they are a part of our lives. Anyway, back to the group I found. Earlier in the week, I went to our first playdate with this group. Everyone seemed really nice and it was nice for Chani too. It also seems like it's going to be a good fit for us.

Tuesday, we went to meet Randi for lunch but there was a slight miscommunication so Chani and I had our first mother-daugher lunch out at a restaurant. It was really quite nice just her and me.

Then, on Thursday, we met with Lisa and Briana for lunch and a bit of shopping. As always, we had a great time and came home with lighter wallets.

Our fairly new neighbors just did some landscaping to their yard and put in a fire pit. We're going over there tomorrow night for a party and to break it in. That should be a lot of fun.

That's been our pretty busy week and here are a few pictures from today.

5 comments:

Yes, Minister... said...

These pic's are great :D We had a great time to and will go any time you want! I am the same way - walk in - nice and quiet - walk out at the first sign of a crowd :D I loved being able to just sit and watch the whales!

BTW - weren't our kids just the best! All three of them (cough - four) and no melt down!

Ladybug hugs,
;D

Briana's Mom said...

I wish I could have made it today. Bummer! I will next time though!

Great seeing you yesterday!

Isabella's Mommy & Daddy(Kim & John) said...

HOW FUN!!!
You guys are always having so much fun...
LOVE Chani's hat... the girls are sooo beautiful...
Have a Great Weekend..

Randi said...

I still can't believe how dumb I was about our lunch plans. Sadly that was not the only dumb thing I did all week. I am looking forward to really meeting you guys :)

Lisa~~ said...

You've had a busy week!! Looks like you had a great time at the Aquarium and thanks for helping to keep an eye on Maisie. I wish I had been able to go too but hopefully next time. We too have season passes so whenever you want to go again, let me know.