Tuesday, February 26, 2008

A really good day

Yesterday we had a really good day. It was absolutely beautiful outside. The sunshine and warmness of the day really brings a smile to my face. It started out with a trip to the vet to get Bindi a pedicure/manicure. Lucky dog! I attempted this with just him, Chani and myself. I was a bit worried trying to juggle it all but it all worked out. As we were waiting for him, she and I ran to Wal-mart to kill some time and pick up a couple of things. This kid gets the "Oh, you're so cute" comments everywhere we go. I can't recall a single time or place that we have been and haven't heard it. (Yeah, I'm probably exaggerating a bit here.) We're also telling the adoption story quite frequently as well. This little girl is just amazing. I hope we can teach her to be just as beautiful on the inside.

We came home, did the laundry, which by the way, I still only do on Mondays. Doing it only once a week just works for me. I was a bit worried thinking that I'd need to do it more with Chani but have found out that I don't really need to. I do about 7-9 loads which takes most of the day. I don't always get it all put away but I usually get everything washed, dried and folded. I did yesterday though, yeah for me! (Doesn't take much to make me happy.)

Have you ever seen these self heating cups of coffee? You push in a plastic part on the bottom, releasing some water into some calcium oxide and the reaction is what heats the coffee? I had tried them quite awhile back but thought they were rather expensive for the amount of coffee that you get, plus, all the waste of the container but I found them again yesterday so I picked up a couple thinking, that hey, they would be a good thing to keep for picnics, cruises, emergencies or such. Well, of course, I had to try the first one just to see if they were as good as I remembered. They were only $2 each and I thought I couldn't get a Starbucks cup for that. Well, this morning, I had to break out the second one because yes, they really are quite tasty. Not that I'll be putting away the Capresso any time soon but they are nice to have for a backup or a quick fix when you have no electricity, or laziness as was the case this morning.

Chani is still quite wobbly with her walking. We practice with her several times a day, sitting on the floor and having her come to us. She gets so excited to do it and is excited when she reaches us but she has yet to want to do it on her own. She cruises the furniture quite a bit and pulls herself up on more things than just us.

I took the blanket outside and we sat out there in the sunshine for awhile until Daddy came out to play. He put her on the slide about half way up and let her go down alone. She has to lay down so she won't fall off the side and he runs around to the bottom to catch her. Then, each of us also sat with her on the swing. She says whee on that. So very cute!

We then decided to go to our favorite Mexican restaurant for dinner. As we were waiting for our food, she was waving at everyone. She focused on one couple behind me and waved at them at least a dozen times. She has also learned to hold her hands out, palms up with a questioning expression on her face. She kept doing this and all during the meal, she kept cracking me up and it felt like I laughed the entire evening. We then packed up and headed home.

Overall, even with the laundry, it was a very lovely day.

Today - Stormy and severe thunderstorms. Looks like we'll be spending the day indoors.

4 comments:

Randi said...

Oooohhh - I haven't been to that Mexican restaurant in sooo long. We are going to have to meet for lunch or something - yum :)

Yes, Minister... said...

What - LOL - all that and no piccies :D
Yesterday was beautiful and today was the PITS!

Ladybug hugs,
;D

Briana's Mom said...

I am so glad you had a great day! :)

Laundry on Mondays still? LOL! You go girl!

Isabella's Mommy & Daddy(Kim & John) said...

WOW... what a great day...
And you will always get comments about Chani ,because she is just tooo adorable...
I only do laundry on Sunday and Monday.. my days off..
It is much easier...
Hope your day isn't to dark...
Hugs to you all..