Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Remember this?

Hey, do y'all remember this picture? Well, Debbie was kind enough to to pick them up for me while I was in China. She gave them to me at her lovely Christmas dinner and I so proudly showed them off and stuck them back in my bag. Once I arrived home, I set the bag on the floor and went about doing the normal things and soon headed upstairs when I heard something fall. I had no idea what it was and since I knew it wasn't the baby, I didn't think too much of it and would investigate once I came back down. Later on, when I went to put the rest of the things away, including the things in my bag, wouldn't you know it, it was the bag that fell over. Not off a counter, mind you, but just onto it's side. Well, it shattered the plate.

I was so bummed the rest of the day. The bowl that Lisa helped me paint is still in perfect condition.

So, I've decided to redo the plate. If there are any locals who want to go with me and paint some pottery, please post or let me know. I need to get it done this month as soon as possible so I will have it for Chani's first birthday on Feb 9th. I'll set the date once I know who all wants to join in the fun but am thinking the 26th or 27th or possibly the 19th.

8 comments:

Randi said...

Oh that is so horrible!!! And it looked so good, too. I am sorry.

Doug said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Briana's Mom said...

I was logged in as Doug when I tried to comment before - hee, hee!

I am so sorry you broke it! Ahh!

Great seeing you and Miss Chani today!

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

I will go with ya... it may take me a few hours to drive up there from FL each week but hey... hehe... take care

Isabella's Mommy & Daddy said...

So sorry it broke..
I was waiting to see the finishing touch on those cute little bowl and plate...
I wish I was there I would be going with you in a heart beat...
Have fun..
Can't wait to see the plate with Chani eating her 1st Birthday cake on it..
Hugs to you girly..

RoLo said...

I remember that, oh no I hope you get to make a new one soon.

OziMum said...

Ooooh Noooo! I'm so glad you can go back and redo it. It looked like so much fun the first time ~ I'm sure it'll be just as much fun the second time!

Isabella's Mommy & Daddy said...

Stop by and see me on my blog... I have something for you....
Can't wait to see the pictures from Lisa,Briana ,Chani and you at lunch...
Hugs to you girly