Sunday, January 20, 2008

Painting, More snow and Sorrow

We had another day of snow. Two in one year, wow! There is still a tiny bit of snow on the ground in patches but with the way the town closes down, you would think we're in a blizzard. I still went out and had lunch with Debbie and her family. We then went to the pottery place and painted. I did a tile with Chani's footprints, her name and date. I also did a turtle box. I can't wait to see it fired. It looked pretty cute when I left so I hope it turns out great. Debbie did a birthday plate like the one I broke last time. That's my project for next Sunday. I doubt if it will be as cute but I'm gonna try.

Upon arrival home, I learned of the devastating news of one of our local waiting families, Jason and Stephanie. In just 14 days, they were to adopt their son, Samuel from Ethiopia when they received the news that he had passed away. My heart is just breaking for them. Our thoughts and deepest condolences are with them.



8 comments:

Isabella's Mommy & Daddy said...

Looks like you had fun...
Love the turtle..Can't wait to see it finished..
And Chani's little foot is going to be sooo cute..
Sorry to hear about your friend.. that is awful..My prayers go out for the family..
Love the pictures..
Is that your house?? It is sooo pretty..
Have a Great Sunday ...

Stacy said...

What fun!!! The little turtle is adorable. I wish there was a place like that around here.

Can't wait to see the finished product!!

Stay Warm down there!!! ;o)

Briana's Mom said...

Looks like a fun time!

My heart breaks for Stephanie and Jason...

Yes, Minister... said...

I still cannot believe the news about Stephanie and Jason - devastating! My heart aches for them.

Love the pictures :D

Trixie said...

Lili and that white headband - such a retro look!!! :)

Ok so I want to do a birthday plate too but need lots of ideas...I so not creative!!!

Can't wait to see you then.

Doris & Dan said...

Fun times! I have been dying to go to the pottery place. It has been too long. You are giving the taste for it. Love the tile idea.

Keep smilin!

sea star said...

Adorable pics! I love painting pottery. So sad to hear of this lost baby.

OziMum said...

Oh no. Your poor friends. That is heartbreaking. My prayers go out for them.

Beautiful pictures!