Saturday, January 26, 2008

Our first boo-boo

We had our first boo-boo during one of our play dates the other day with Rachel and Amber. Chani isn't so stable on her feet yet but LOVES to be on them did a face plant right into the back of Amber's head. She screamed and cried and not the ooops, I hit my head cry but really let me know that it hurt. Amber wasn't phased at all and just looked back at her. This is what it did to my baby's face.

I've decided that missing the morning naps just is not a good thing. When she gets in an hour in the morning, she naps so much better in the afternoon which in turn makes for a great afternoon. Happiness is all around then. If she misses her nap, she isn't so pleasant. So, I've eliminated most morning activities and try to stay home during that time. There are a couple exceptions though and one is our music class. I don't know if she really enjoys it or not but she does like the music when I play it at home so we'll keep that one.

She received this at her baby shower and she loves it. It has a musical foot that will play a very short tropical type of music. She starts swinging back and forth when I play it and when the music stops, she does too. Then, I press it again and she starts again. It is so cute.

She also loves her stacking cups still. I think they are one of her favorite toys. I also spent around $3 for a ball at Wal-mart and that is one of her favorites as well. She loves things that are small and hard. She hasn't taken too well to stuffed animals yet. I keep working with her with them. She is curious about them but then quickly tosses them aside.

I want to get her a few more musical type toys like this. These are the kind of musical instruments that she uses at her class.

Today we are going with Lisa, Doug and Briana to the FCC Lunar New Year Celebration. We'll have to miss her nap for this but she gets to dress up in one of her Chinese dresses that we bought while we were in China. I'm really looking forward to seeing the girls in their outfits! - Camera batteries charged - check!

Here are a few pictures in our everyday life.





7 comments:

Lisa~~ said...

Oh, poor Chani. Have fun at the New Year celebration. See you tomorrow.

Ladybug Hugs 4 U said...

Awe - did mommy kiss the boo-boo- and make everything alright? Have fun today (and tomorrow)!

OziMum said...

Poor Chani! Sadly there will probably be more boo-boos to come! Hope she coped ok. (I'm sure with lots of lovin from Mama & Baba she did!)

Chani is so beautiful! I love all her hair!

Isabella's Mommy & Daddy(Kim & John) said...

AWE.... poor little girl...
Love the musical toys...
Sounds like you are going to have fun...
Can't wait for pictures..
Love Chani's hair up on top of her head....
And where did you get the cute little ladybug out fit...???
Have a Great Weekend..

Stacy said...

The musical toys are so cute!!! Looks like fun.

I hope the bump is better!! LOVE the pictures!!

Have fun at music class.

Beverly said...

sorry to hear of her booboo. cute pics though.

beverly

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Hope our little Chani feels ok now...