Saturday, January 19, 2008

One Month Ago Today

One month ago today, Chani became a US citizen. It was a day that I'll never forget. I almost cried when the customs guy said, "Welcome to our newest citizen. Merry Christmas."

We're still getting to know each other and things are going really well. She is wanting to stand and, probably before her birthday in three weeks, will be walking around. She has had her first table only meal, yesterday which consisted of 1/2 Boca Burger, 1/2 slice of cheese and some broccoli. She seemed to enjoy it all. She doesn't like the stage 3 baby food but still likes the stage 2. Guess we'll be skipping over the stage 3 and going right to table food. I tried green beans but those were a no go for now.

A couple of weeks ago, I found a memorial stone for my Dad's tree. Back in Sept, 06, we planted a tree on the one year anniversary of his death. I had been looking for a stone and even called a place and worked out a deal for them to set up a rough draft so I could see it. They failed to follow through with it but so did I and nothing ever came of it. I have been looking ever since and happened upon one in a catalog the other day and found one that I liked and ordered it. I didn't realize the timing of it all but it arrived in the mail yesterday. This morning, I took it out back and placed it by the tree. It was then that I realized the significance of today. It is his birthday.

Today it is snowing but we're heading out for lunch and going to do a pottery painting with Debbie and Li Li. They can't make it next week when the group of us are going so we set up a small one with just them. Matt is going with us and will take Chani home if she doesn't do well. I'm not sure what I'll paint but I'll be sure to post about it.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

5 comments:

Lisa~~ said...

What a beautiful memorial.

Happy one month to your little American.

Briana's Mom said...

I can't believe it has been one whole month already.

That is a beautiful memorial to your dad!

Have fun painting today!

Seabolt said...

That is a beautiful stone...

Happy 1 month - it sure has gone by really fast!!

Isabella's Mommy & Daddy said...

Happy one month to your pretty little Chani..
And the memorial stone is beautiful..
Have fun painting pottery..
Can't wait to see it...

Pug Mama said...

love the stone - love the saying --- how true it is.
It was meant to be - arriving on your fathers birthday.