Monday, January 28, 2008

Chinese Lunar New Year/Pottery Painting/Ect

What a couple days of busy, busy, busy.

Saturday we went to the Cobb Civic Center to the Lunar New Years celebration and dinner with Doug, Lisa and Briana. While we were there, we ran into Brent, Cindy and Claire, John, Ann and Katie, Joan and her family. It kind of felt like a mini potluck! We watched the girls dancing to the performers and then settled into a buffet style meal, serving, none other than Chinese food. We left right after lunch so we could hurry home to get our nap in. And, oh, what a nap it was. Daddy, Chani, Bindi and I ALL napped.



Then, the next day, I met with the girls,Lisa, Lisa and Trixie for a fun afternoon of fabulous Mexican dishes and then, the most fun part of the day, painting pottery. Everyone had awesome pieces of art. I can't wait to get them fired and picked up next week. I'm having so much fun doing this. So anytime anyone wants to go again, just let me know. I'll go again!



Monday came and we did the laundry. Boy can this girl get things dirty. So much to constantly do. But she is soooo worth it. I really don't mind doing it at all as long as I can get a smile or "mama" out of it.

Today we met the girls, Lisa & Briana, Randi & Jack and Ann & Katie for lunch. After Mexican again, we all met back at my place for a little play date. They all didn't stay too long as it was getting late and naps were soon to follow. Chani went down right away. Now, if she'll give me a couple hours, that would be nice.



For Chani's birthday, Grandma and Grandpa sent her a swing set. It arrived late last night so Daddy is out there now, working on assembling it. This thing will be HUGE. I can't wait to be able to swing her. I think we'll need to get an infant swing so she can safely swing on it until she is older. I can't believe that I'll have a swing set in my back yard.

Tomorrow we're off to music class.

Thursday we have our one month post placement. Don't ask me why our agency has us do this because no one else that I'm aware of has to but we do and that is scheduled. I have no idea what it is going to cost.

Another thing we finally have done is hire a maid!! Yippee!!! - Her first day will be on Thursday. I hope she does great work because I'm looking for a long term commitment and someone I can totally trust to do a good job. I just can't do all the housework and keep Chani occupied. It will be such a relief knowing that those tasks will be done.

4 comments:

Yes, Minister... said...

Sounds like you are busy, busy, busy!

So glad that you found a housekeeper! It helps so much to have one :D

Sorry I missed you guys today - see you in the am - maybe :D

Ladybug hugs,
;D

Briana's Mom said...

It has been so nice getting to spend so much time with you! It has been a blast!

All your pictures are absolutely beautiful, of course.

Oh - see you tomorrow - LOL!

Isabella's Mommy & Daddy(Kim & John) said...

WOW!!!!
You have been busy , busy,busy...
LOVE the pictures..
ALL the girls are sooo adorable..
Have a Great Busy Week..
Hugs to you

Mick & James said...

Nice pics, as always the children are such a joy to see!