Tuesday, December 04, 2007

46 Hours

We're down to 46 hours.
I'm super psyched and not in stress mode just yet. I'm getting a lot of things done and keeping busy so that helps a great deal. And, if it doesn't get done, oh well, we'll survive and life will go on.

I talked to my Mom yesterday and she had just received my Xmas card. She is one of four people who I sent a photo of Chani. Most have to wait for the adoption announcement for when we can take a family photo. Anyhow, she said that she was going to go visiting so she could show off "HER" baby and that now she has five grand kids. She's planning on coming to visit and meet Chani's on her first birthday in February. Both sets of grandparents will come and celebrate and get to know their grandchild. Things should be into a rhythm by then, I hope.

Even though I'm officially done with the wait, I'm still waiting and still hopeful that the CCAA will dish out tons of referrals. There are so many friends that I absolutely can not wait to see their referrals come in. You all know who you are so just remember that I'm still anxiously waiting with you whether you get it tomorrow or a few months from now.

And now, the photos of the tree. Finally complete.


This cute little cut glass ornament is of a baby carriage. On the heart, it says, "Greatest Gift Of All" On the reverse it says "Baby's First Christmas - 2007"


This little bear says, "Parents To Be 2005"


These chickens are our "Parents To Be 2006"


And finally, no more waiting. This is Baby's First Christmas Bear!
It seems like our Christmas tree went from red and silver to red/silver and baby stuff. I love it though. I love the tree. It's my favorite part of the decorations.

11 comments:

Lisa~~ said...

Hey Kathy, want to get together and do something fun Thursday morning? Oh wait, you're heading to China...almost forgot as you've been so secretive and subdued about the whole thing!! Love the tree and ornaments and counting down with you to gotcha.

Isabella's Mommy & Daddy said...

YEAH!!!!!
I LOVE your tree... The ornaments are GREAT...
2 More Days... and you are on a plane....
I am sooo excited for you..
Have a Great 2 Days MOMMY...
Hugs to you
Kim

Randi said...

I am so excited for you!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to meet Chani :)

kris said...

46 HOURS? That is ALL kinds of crazy wonderful! Love your tree!!

Catherine said...

Yeah...you're almost there! SO excited for you!

What a blessing that this Christmas Chani will be in your arms. Thank you so much for your wonderful thoughts and encouragement to the rest of us.

Congrats mommy!

Lisa, Doug & Briana said...

The tree looks so beautiful Kathy!

I am so excited for you - I really, really am! I have butterflies in my stomach for you! I cannot wait to meet Miss Chani.

Big, BIG HUGS!

Zoe Mama said...

Wow. I remember bringing the ipod and a big book for the plane and doing nothing except watching that little plane on the screen make it's way from NJ to Beijing. I kept telling myself to sleep it was the last chance but I never could. I strolled the isles and looked out the windows at the ice caps but never read or slept or watched a movie. Have a GREAT trip Mama! Ann Ozawa China 133

Seabolt said...

How exciting!! I can not wait to follow your journey to Gotcha day!! Have a safe and wonderful trip...

Michaela said...

I'm so excited for you! Have a safe flight - enjoy Chani and your time in China.
Micha
LID: 05/24/06 (an eternity away)

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

I am so exciting for you both... I think I am going to be sick... love the ornaments that said 'Parents to be .....' I think mine is going to stretch to 'Parents to be... 2015' the way it is going... Have the safest trip and make sure you have plenty of adventures along the way... surely you should have that camera snapping away by now...

Mick & James said...

Wow.... you've been busy.

Anyhow, have a most wonderful trip to China. I hope it's everything you dreamt it to be.

We can't wait to meet Miss Chani in person.