Thursday, November 29, 2007

One Week

Today the plan is to put up the tree. But, before I do, I need to prep the livingroom, clean, move furniture, etc. Not much decorating is going to happen this year. Way too much is going on but I want something for her since it is her first.

One more week before we change our lives forever. One more week of cleaning, one more week of counting down my final countdown, which by the way has been the best one so far of all the countdowns I've done during this adoption. It's really happening now. It's still kind of hard to believe that it really is all real. We've been in this prep mode for the baby for so long. It's hard to adjust to okay, the stuff is out of the way to let's dust the stuff off and have it really ready instead of just sitting there. I don't know if this makes sence. Being in waiting mode seems so natural now that it's hard to know what I need to do to get ready for the real thing vs waiting for the real thing. Anyway...

It's looking like we'll have one checked bag, one carry on bag and two back packs on the way over. Hopefully on the way back, we'll be able to handle all of this, trucking through the airports with probably another bag or two, along with a stroller and screaming crying well behaved child.

6 comments:

Lisa, Doug & Briana said...

It IS really happening! I cannot tell you how excited I am for you! You are going to make the best mama!

Isabella's Mommy & Daddy said...

It brings tears to my eyes(happy tears) to read that post... I am so excited for you... Make sure you keep notes for me one day when I go..
Taking so little bags sounds great...
Can't wait to see the pictures of the tree ...
You are going to be a GREAT mommy...
Hugs to you
Kim

Ani said...

So excited for you guys. Can't wait to follow you on this part of the journey.

Cindy said...

Oh - the anticipation. I remember walking out our door thinking the next time we come back into this house our entire lives will be sooo different. And it really does happen that way. One day you don't have a baby, the next day you do. We are just thrilled for you and can't wait to hear all the details this weekend!

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

One more week of a clean house, the quiet, no mayhem, no chasing anyone... hey... who cares about that... what is coming back with you after your adventure is worth a 'lived in' house, noise everywhere, toys on the floor and you wondering when you are going to get a chance to shut your eyes... hehehe... I now have all my 'hopes' put onto both of you to show me what this long wait is going to bring me... have a great time and take care.

kris said...

I just can't believe how close you guys are!! Gives me goosebumps just thinking of it :O)