Thursday, November 22, 2007

My Travel Mates

It really was so surreal pulling into the parking lot at our agency, after corresponding with them only by email, snail mail and phone calls. Were we really here? Yep! - Here are a few pictures of our after meeting lunch. We had to bail early to catch our flight but we did have enough time to get to know one another a little bit and enjoy a fabulous lunch.

Way back in the beginning of our November 2005 swaps, I was matched with Nancy as my secret pal. For eight months, if I remember correctly, I'd send her whatever the monthly swap was for. It's been so long ago and so many swaps that I can't even remember what I sent. Anyway, who knew that we'd finally be able to meet, so many months later.

Another fun one for me to meet was Stacey. She was the very first person I found with our travel group. We have corresponded probably close to two years. It was so great to finally put a face with the name.

The rest of the group at lunch, Marile, Melissa and Laura all belong to our little 140 yahoo group. It was so nice to meet these families as well since we've been chatting for a few months. We have all shared our referral photos and finally matching parents with daughters was pretty cool too. Dorothea also came to lunch and I was able to meet her for the first time and see her photos of her little girl.

There were several other families that couldn't make it to lunch. I'm looking forward to meeting them either on the plane, waiting for the plane or in China. Meeting the families was the best part of the travel meeting.

7 comments:

Isabella's Mommy & Daddy said...

So glad you guys decided to go...
Looks like you had a lot of fun...
HAPPY THANKSGIVING...
Next year you will have sweet little CHANI right next to you at the table..
Hugs to you..
Travel is coming soon..
Kim

Catherine said...

What fun to meet all your travel mates! Hopefully you'll hear something soon. I've heard some TA's are starting to arrive already!!! Wahoo!!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Wasser Family said...

Kathy, It was so great to finally meet you and Matt after 24 months of waiting and corresponding. We leave in 2 weeks can you believe it? See you in China

Stacey

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Happy Thanksgiving (what is left of it)... I hope that you have had plenty of practice with the camera... can't wait until you finally get Chani... I have heard about her for long enough now... time to see her come home... take care

RoLo said...

That is wonderful that you all got a chance to meet I cant believe that in 13 days you will be in China.

Lisa, Doug & Briana said...

Looks like a terrific group of travel mates! I can't believe how close you are getting to China!

Mob said...

Wow, it must be such a good feeling to be in the "final stage".
How exciting, can't wait to follow you on your trip.