Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Back from Boston

Matt and I went to Boston this weekend so we could go to our travel meeting in Waltham. We went for the entire weekend and did the touristy things. We had such a good time following the Freedom Trail and just seeing the old buildings. It was truly a beautiful city and I could spend a week there just doing all the things they have to do. We went on a walking tour and learned about Boston and Paul Revere. Saw his house, grave site, and the church where he hung the lanterns. "One if by land, two if by sea." We walked through Quincy Market and Faneuil Hall. We stayed at the Hilton right near here so everything was within walking distance. We ate at the Union Oyster House which is the oldest restaurant in the US. We took trips to Harvard and MIT and toured those. Got Chani t-shirts from each and one from Cheers. Reaching for both ends of the spectrum. HA! Matt's parents came up from Pennsylvania and spent one day with us. We also took a trolley tour to see all the different things too. It was a bit cold but not too terribly cold.

Then, the reason for the trip was the travel meeting. We decided to spend the money and rent a car vs risking the train. (Part of it was closed for the weekend and used buses to transport people which took a lot more time.) We drove to our agency and just seeing the agency's name on their building was an "oh wow" moment. We were really there. We then walked into a room with a bunch of people I didn't recognize. We saw that they had a table with name tags, etc so we found ours and as I was getting mine, I heard someone say our names. I said, hey, that's us and it was our social worker. Then, people that I've been corresponding with for awhile now started coming up and introducing themselves. It was so cool, like, hey, I know you. That part was fun. We then went over the itinerary and blah, blah, blah. Afterwards, most from our little yahoo group gathered for lunch. It was so great finally putting faces to names.

We leave the week after next week. I can not believe that it is happening so fast now. My last countdown has finally started.

One last thing, to anyone who has purchased bows, please, please, please feel free to post pictures on your blog and link them. It just tickles me that you like them and I'm so honored that you do. Matt is still working on the website but to get a feel for what they look like, check them out Here. Also, please keep in mind that the prices will be changing with the website. I now have a formula to use to price them more accurately. In other words, prices will be going up!

5 comments:

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Mike and I had a total blast when we were in Boston... though we stayed further from the city in Lowell where he was born and grew up in that area... back in the day there was TONS of Italians up there and that is where his Grandparents, parents, aunts etc lived... we even went to Cheers (The Bull and Finch) and saw the 'Cheers' bar too... down near the markets... what fun we had... That is when I took Mike on a trip to 'Fenway Park' for his birthday... glad you both had fun... now it is time to get ready to head off to ;)

Lisa, Doug & Briana said...

Welcome back girlfriend! Glad you had such a good time in Boston - Doug and I love it there.

So, is your head swimming? That is how I felt when I got back from my travel orientation meeting!

Isabella's Mommy & Daddy said...

Glad you had a safe trip...
I am sure you are on Cloud 9...
I have posted your bows and the link..
I LOVE the bows..
I will get you the second order tomorrow..
Thank you soooo much..
Kim

Mick & James said...

Welcome back. Hope you got something out of the meeting; however, I do believe you have been in this so long, you too can write a book.

Soon.

Alyson & Ford said...

We love Boston also. We visited the JF Kennedy Presidential Library too. It was wonderful. Glad you had a great time!

Alyson
LID 01/27/06