Monday, October 01, 2007

Trying to stay busy

I've been trying to stay busy this last week so I'm not constantly online hitting the refresh button on RQ. Susan and Sarah took me to lunch on Thursday and we hit the mall. Friday, I met with Lisa and Briana for lunch and even shopping at Hobby Lobby. I wanted to get some ribbon for my new project that I've been busy doing. Then, on Saturday, we met with Mick and James & Jeff and Georgia at Stone Mountain for a chili cook off. We tried many, many kinds of chili. Matt, of course, didn't eat anything because he doesn't eat meat so it was not a good time for him. I rather enjoyed tasting all the different kinds. It was getting too crowded and so many inconsiderate people who think there is nothing wrong with smoking in a crowd, so we were getting anxious to get out of there. Neither of us likes large crowds. Matt went out shopping yesterday and bought some things to finish his project. He is building the baby gates to the stairs. He is almost finished with the first one. The last two should go pretty quickly as he now knows what to do.

I've also heard from my agency last week and I need to put a call into them this afternoon. I'm guessing that our "call" will come Tuesday or Wednesday. No news from when or if they have been mailed. I will try to find out something when I call them today.

Here are some of the things that I've been making with my ribbons.



All summer long we have had this garden spider hanging out at the window. At first she crawled between the screen and window and put up a web. She stayed here for awhile. It was really interesting to watch her. Then, she decided that it would be better and much more room if she moved back outside the screen. So, she built her web and it has to be at least three feet across. I read up on her and found out that she is a common garden spider. She is black and yellow. When she was frightened (as I'd walk up to her when I was outside - she didn't do it when I was closer, through the window,) she would start to shake her body and her web to appear larger. It was the funniest thing. I'd walk away and she would stop. She then laid her eggs in a large egg sack. I knew that she would die soon afterwards as is the life of a spider. I learned that from Charlotte's Web. Anyway, I noticed a couple days ago that she was gone from her web. I waited a few days but she never returned. So, I removed the egg sack and took it to the woods. Her web needs to be removed and I need to get the area cleaned back up. But, here she is.



Next are two other little critters. The praying mantis was sitting just on the post on the deck. The lizard crawled between the window and screen, just like the spider did. Matt had to remove the screen so he could run free and he wouldn't die in there.



These next two are the painted toy room that I posted about earlier. It turned out really great and I love the color! Oh, by the way, I made the valances. My first attempt at doing those.



And, just because I have the cutest dog ever,

10 comments:

Isabella's Mommy & Daddy said...

WOW...
What else can I say...
You have done an amazing job...
The room is wonderful.. Chani will love playing in there...
Also the bows are sooo ADORABLE...
Are you selling those?
I would love to buy some... I love ladybugs...
Can't wait to see little Chani's face...
Hopefully you get the call SOON...
I am soo excited for you both..
Have a Great Day..
Kim

Lisa~~ said...

The bows look great as does the playroom. Can't wait for referrals to be here...yippee, you're in!!

Ladybug Hugs 4 U said...

OMG ~ You are in business with the bows! How hard were they? I love them :D

I hope that you are hanging in there today! I just got home and had to check your blog!

RoLo said...

You have been busy, hope you hear something soon.

Headmeister said...

What a great post! I CAN'T BELIEVE how AWESOME that room is!!!!! And the bows are too cute! I love all the critter pics (and the ones of your puppies too! they're so cute!).

I can't wait to hear the news for Chani - I'll be refreshing all day long to see if you get word from your agency :)

Hugs!

Ani said...

Hi there! Delurking to say CONGRATS on your upcoming referral (and those bows are adorable!).
All the best.
Ani

Tracy said...

Oh wow - referrals call are coming in - I think you call is coming TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or tomorrow.

Either way, wow!! Enjoy every beautiful moment.

Tracy
DOR 9/4/07 for Charlotte Rui.

Seabolt said...

I am so excited for you guys...I keep checking RQ to see if there are any updates... Keeping my fingers crossed.

OBTW - I love the bows...you will need to give lessons! :)

Gail said...

Absolutely... a beautiful dog!!
Great shots!

Chani's room is great!
So bright and colorful. I know she will love it!

Michelle & John said...

Are you selling the hairbows? Hubby has halted me buying any more cloths cause we don't know the size or season we'll need...he can't say no to hairbows!!! Please let me know!
~Michelle