Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Thank you

Thank you
Referral day was one of the most exciting days. It was a great pleasure to hear so many comments and congratulations from so many. Most I've known, it seems, forever and a couple of new ones. If you've had a referral day, you know what I'm talking about and if you haven't, just wait. It's one of the best feelings you will ever have! It is so much fun to read through all the posts and see how many other babies are from the same province and orphanage. Now, I want to learn all about Nanchang, Jiangxi and Tai He and find out all I can before I go. Thank you to those who sent emails, posts and phone calls. Thank you to those who provided me with information on various sites and places to visit.
I am grateful to have all the support and friendships that I have found through the adoption community.

The day after our referral, I was sitting in my usual spot with my laptop in hand, writing an email to my social worker, thanking her for the information and asking a few questions. Out of the corner of my eye, I see something on the wall. It was a ladybug, not quite a foot from me. She was only there briefly but here are a couple of pictures. The day after our call.

8 comments:

Isabella's Mommy & Daddy said...

As I just read that post.. and got to the ladybug part... I got chills all over...
I am soooo happy for you both..
Can not wait to see her pictures....
I am sure she is sooo ADORABLE...
I am sure you are on CLOUD 9....
Kim

Olivia's Momma said...

CONGRATULATIONS on your referral. I got serious chills when I saw your ladybug pictures. Very VERY cool and exciting. The ladybug was surely a sign.

Sheryl
LID 3.20.07

Special K said...

I'd say that's a sign of something. What a great story!

kris said...

Oh how cool! Got goosebumps!

I so can't wait to see your little girl!

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

h... I got the chills when I read about the ladybug... wondering if I can go into the garden, look for one and put it on my wall will it speed it all up...lol.. I am so happy for you guys... congrats... Fliss

Lisa and Doug said...

I'm telling you - those ladybugs are a sign! I saw a ladybug two days before my referral!

Very cool!!!

RoLo said...

I love Ladybugs but even more since starting this journey.

Zoe Mama said...

Wow, Now thats cool--Ann and Edwin Ozawa