Friday, October 05, 2007

On Her Birthday


February 9, 2007 - My DAUGHTER was born!!!!!!!!!!
One day after I turned 29 again and again and again.....

If you have been a follower of my blog, you know that I've kept a handwritten journal to her from the beginning of the wait. Well, now there are four journals but who's counting? Every morning, after I have showered and dressed for the day, I go into her nursery, sit in my glider/rocker think about her and write.

So, once I found out her birthday, I went back though the journal to find out what we had done that day. Matt had spent the day with me. We went shopping at Babies R Us, Linens N Things, and a couple other stores. I bought a nightgown for her that day along with a shirt. We went to dinner at the Grand Asian Buffet and then went and sat in the car, waiting for Anna to finish her school play. We sat in the car, waiting for almost an hour, just talking.

I wanted to celebrate her referral in a small way so that's what we did. We went back to the Grand Asian Buffet for dinner but no shopping. After we returned, I grabbed the video camera and read what I had written to her. I hope I'm prepared for the referral packet with her photo so I can video tape that when it arrives. (I video taped the call too.)

A friend pointed out that perhaps she was born on my birthday. Since they are 12 hours ahead, if she was born before noon, she would have been because it still would have been the 8th here. How cool is that?

14 comments:

sea star said...

I love the idea of the journal, that is so special to have.

Feb 8th is my b-day! I'll be 29 as well...again!

Ani said...

what a beautiful keepsake for your daughter. i wish i had kept a journal during our wait!

Special K said...

Oh my gosh... that just gave me chills. So sweet!

My birthday is Feb 13th.
Aquarians Rock!

Isabella's Mommy & Daddy said...

WOW... That is amazing.. How cool would that be if she was born on your birthday..
I am going to start a journal too.. but I was waiting for a little while ..due to the extreme long wait time..
Can't wait to see her pictures..
Kim

kris said...

That is AMAZING. I so want to see that referral video after you guys do it!! I just can't imagine what it will be like seeing my girl for the first time, so it is awesome to live vicariously through others.
I'm so happy for you guys!!

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

That is nice that you do that for your daughter... the journal... I am not a journal writer and so what I started to do was copy each page... well, the ones worth keeping... not the silly stuff of my site and it is in folder for her for the future to see what we done etc during the wait...

Ladybug Hugs 4 U said...

OMG ~ I can finally comment again :D

I want to officially say congratulations on Chani :D I am so happy for you and Matt :D I cannot think of a more wonderful way to celebrate your birthday than with your daughter celebrating hers!

Ladybug hugs,
;D

Lisa and Doug said...

That is so awesome! I love that you write to Chani each day. She will love reading all those journals one day.

Eric & Heather said...

Oh WOW! Congratulations!! I've been hoping for this GREAT news! So very, very happy for you!

Leda said...

Congratulations!! I am so happy for you! I hope you have an amazing trip when the time comes...and what a young baby! You don't see that too much that you get to celebrate a first birthday together!! :)

RoLo said...

It is lovely that you have the journal for you and for her to go through one day in the future.

Jeter Mama said...

Catching up on blogs....
CONGRATS Kathy and Matt!!!!!!!!!
I am so overjoyed for all three of you!!!!
I can't wait to see a pic!
I need to send you an email - going to right now - look out for it, I have to ask you something!

Headmeister said...

I can't believe you have so many journals, that is AMAZING... And the fact that she might have been born on your birthday? ALSO AMAZING!!!

BTW - I am impatiently awaiting Chani pics :)

See you this weekend!!!!!

Mick & James said...

MAKE IT OFFICIAL ALREADY!!! LOL

Thanks again for sharing your special day with us.