Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Family

With our new addition to our family, I thought I'd take this time to talk about some of my immediate family. - I don't see them very often which is why I rarely talk about them but I wanted to give a shout out to them.

First of all there is my Mom and her husband, Ed. They live in Oklahoma and are getting ready to retire. They like to raise chickens, ducks and various kinds of birds. Mom is big into our family tree and often goes on trips researching it. She has been to many places and has met many extended family. They bought a new camper and have been camping here and there.

Next is Donna, Mark, Nathan and Justin. They live near Chicago. My sister is a stay at home Mom and has pretty much raised her boys. Her husband, Mark retired from the army after 20 years of service and now works with putting up and taking down those large cranes that are used to build buildings. Nathan recently made the management position at PetSmart and is working on his degree. He also has a new girlfriend, Kaitlin. Justin just got a new Chinese baby dwarf hamster and named it Kyu [key-you] It means nine in Japanese. He is in the ninth grade and also likes Manga and Anime.

Then, there is my sister Vicki and her kids, Brandi and Justin. Vicki is also a stay at home Mom and has a significant other, Chris. They also live in Oklahoma. Brandi has been growing up so fast and is very interested in the boys, especially her boyfriend, John. She is a typical teenage girl and loves to talk on the phone. She is in ninth grade and then there is Jake. He was the youngest until Chani. He is in the seventh grade and really likes Math, and being outside with his skateboard. He collects hot wheel cars and has over 400 of them.

I also have a brother, Josh. He lives in Iowa, which is where I'm from. He is single and works in the town where I grew up. He's the last of us who still lives there, near the rest of Dad's side of the family.

Okay, that sums up my family pretty much. You'll notice a few of their pictures in the slide show at the top of the blog. I'm so ready to bring in one more!

4 comments:

Isabella's Mommy & Daddy said...

What a GREAT Family...
Can't wait to see the new picture of sweet little Chani...
YEAH!!!!
I am soooo excited for you...
Can't wait for your travel...
I will be the first to see your new post every day from China..
I am glad to have met you on this journey..
Kim

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you... you didn't have to do that... those clips are SO cute... glad you liked the shirt... well, I am sure Chani would love it... hehe... take care and all your family too... can't wait for you both to start on the next phase in your life...

Debbie said...

Where in OK does your mom & sister live?? I live in Owasso. Can't wait to see your travel journey!!!

Isabella's Mommy & Daddy said...

How are you doing????
Have you started packing... I'm sure you have a list a mile long..
Just wanted to say HELLO and make sure everything is going well..
I'm sure you are sooo busy...
Can't wait for your amazing journey to CHINA...
Have a WONDERFUL HALLOWEEN...
Hugs
Kim