Thursday, October 11, 2007

Baby Shower and Photography

Oh, could it really be MY turn? Is it really happening to me? It seems so unreal. The total excitement of the last week and a half have been so much more than I anticipated. Now, this weekend, all of my friends will come together to celebrate with me. I get to show them all my photos which is so much fun!! Sometimes it gets so overwhelming with all the joy and being on cloud nine for so long. I can hardly wait to see everyone and play silly shower games. I'm so excited!

Today I met with Debbie and she patiently tried to teach me about my new camera. There is so much to learn and it too is overwhelming. But, this was my first lesson so hopefully with the homework I've been assigned, I'll learn to use it and be able to take some decent photos in China. One of my favorite things I learned today is about the circular polarizer filter. Check out what a simple but really cool thing this can do with a simple twist of the filter. Thank you so much Debbie for showing me these things and for being so patient with me while I try to figure it out.

9 comments:

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Trust me... the photography is fun... the good thing about a digital is that you can play around with the settings etc and delete the photo if it doesn't look right... play around with the camera and don't be scared to make a 'mistake' but then again you can't really make a mistake... I love photography though am not that great at it. I just can't live without my camera. If you want... I have started a new blog of my fave photos and still want to add more... you are more then welcome to go have a look... go to http://flissyscorner.blogspot.com/ - look forward to seeing more photos that you take...

Ladybug Hugs 4 U said...

Why did you pick those two to post? LOL! You had some great pumpkin shots ~ remember to do your homework :D

I am really looking forward to your Baby Shower on Saturday. BTW ~ Did I mention that I might get ill around noon on Saturday :D but I will be there cuz I giving Lisa a ride! LOL!

sea star said...

It just has to be the most exciting time ever. We are all celebrating with you! Enjoy your time Sat. with the girls!

Isabella's Mommy & Daddy said...

WOW...
Can't wait to see the pictures from this weekend..
I am sure it is more exciting then words can tell..
Wish I was there to celebrate with you..
But I will be thinking of you all..
Hugs
Kim

Kayce said...

Have so much fun at your shower!!!

OziMum said...

Chani is beautiful!

I love your blog template it looks fantastic! Can I ask who "blinged" it up for you?!
wait4bella@yahoo.com.au - if you want to email me the answer!
Cheers
Lee-Anne
aust2china.blogspot.com

Michaela said...

Enjoy your babyshower today! Have fun!
Micha
LID: 05/24/06

Isabella's Mommy & Daddy said...

Hope your baby shower went well..
By the sounds of it in bloggerville it was AMAZING...
Can't wait to see pictures...
Can't wait to see Chani in your arms...
You are almost there..
Kim

Tracy said...

Isn't it just awesome! The long wait has finally paid off!

Tracy