Thursday, August 16, 2007

Updates

Okay, first on the scam. I think the neighbors overreacted a bit. After they all left, we googled the company, Integrity, and it all looks legit. I emailed the customer service, in addition to putting the stop payment through with my bank. I did get a response that surprised me. He told me that he could cancel my order only by sending them the receipt with the seller's information within three days. I popped that into the mail that day. So far, it is still looking like everything is going to be okay after all. A friend/neighbor emailed me and said that it happened to them once. All that happened was that they never received their magazines. The seller, did lie to us and told us that he lived in the neighborhood and gave us a false address. Hopefully that should be done now.

On to the window art. It has been up for a couple of days now and I do kind of like it. So, it's going to stay for awhile anyway, until I can come up with some curtains or a better plan. I'm having the hardest time picking the fabric for them. I'm sure everyone has little quirks about them and one of mine is that I'm scared to purchase fabric off the rolls. I have no idea why, it just is. I have no problem getting some off the 45" bolts. Anyway, once I finally pick the fabric, I'll go to work and sew up some kind of curtains for it. Who knows when that will be. I have tons of projects that I want to get done within the next couple of months. We're taking a week and heading to the beach for some relaxation and I'll be working on lots of projects there. It's going to be a working vacation so I should have plenty of time to get things done. At least that's the plan.

As for the Chinese Characters, looking at my cheat sheet, they are top row left to right, Beauty, Family, (I thought family had two symbols?) Good luck, Happiness, Health, Kindness. Bottom row, Long life, Love, Safety, Strength, Together, Wisdom. I had Anna label them on the back and with an up arrow so I know they are not upside down.

2 comments:

Isabella's Mommy & Daddy said...

Have fun on your trip..
I love the pictures.. It looks GREAT...
Take care ..
Don't work to hard.
Kim

amy said...

I love them, cant wait to see pictures