Friday, August 31, 2007

Painting is complete

I finished painting the toy room and have pulled off all the blue tape, removed the ladders, paint bushes, extra paint and picked up the plastic off the floor. I have to move all the crap back in there yet and rehang the artwork and get the curtain rods up. I ordered the fabric that matches the daybed cover so I'll make just plain ole valances for the windows, hopefully soon. We removed the bookshelf so no climbing allowed on that in there. One day, my downstairs living area WILL be baby proofed, hopefully before we have a baby here. Matt hung the ceiling fan yesterday. At first I didn't like the color but I've come around with it. It looks great against the white trim. Thanks to everyone for their suggestions and tips, both posting and emails. The second coat goes on so much nicer than the first one. I also think I was trying to spread it too thin so once I had enough paint, it went rather well. I still have a little bit of touch up work to do but that shouldn't take too long.

I will post pictures of it once it's all back together.

3 comments:

stephanie said...

Pictures please. Can't wait to see it.

Headmeister said...

Yes, can't wait for pictures!!!

Isabella's Mommy & Daddy said...

YEAH....
Glad you are done...
Can't wait to see the room...
Take care
Kim