Tuesday, August 07, 2007

My New Toy

Okay, so I've been wanting to get a new camera, mostly to take pictures in China and because it seems that I am ALWAYS taking blurry shots. I know, I know, operator error most likely but, nonetheless, I was missing way too many good shots.

So, last Saturday, on our way to my first ever couple baby shower, we stopped by Wolf Camera to browse and get a feel for the cameras. After talking about it and free classes to boot, we decided to bite the bullet and purchase it right there and then, arriving to the shower 30 minutes late. (Sorry Jasmine!)

We bought the Canon 30D with the 28-135 lens, (At least that's what I think it's called.) After the body, lens, three filters, memory cards, extra batteries, prints and a service plan for a couple of years, we walked out of there with our very own new toy.

So, here is our old camera

And, our new camera - See a difference?


Today at our weekly lunch/play date, Debbie gave it a workout and captured over 500 photos. Here are some of my favorites. I hope to one day be as good as a photographer as she is.

8 comments:

stephanie said...

Wow, that looks like one serious camera. Can't wait to see the pictures it takes in China.

Yes, Minister... said...

OMG ~ I am so suffering green with camera envy! I LOVED it and told Dan I want it!!! He said get a job! LOL! Okay ~ as soon as Ian is in school we are having a camera date :D LOL!

I love the one of Maisie kissing you! Katie is a cutie ~ I mean how can you take bad pic's when your subjects are that cute :D

Georgia said...

Wow!!! That's one mighty fine camera. I just got a new one, too, but that puts mine to shame!

Yes, get good at photography and take lots of pictures of our Babies!

Isabella's Mommy & Daddy said...

Love the pictures..
Canon is awesome.. We have one and it works great..
Have a great day.
Kim

amy said...

THose are wonderful, just wonderful. THanks for sharing those with us!

kris said...

SO happy for you... I mean, this to me is ALMOST as good as a referral!!! Now get yourself behind that new camera and let's see what YOUR eye sees!! :O)

Lisa~~ said...

Great piccies. Enjoy your new toy!

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Love, love, love the camera... I bought my last year and love it. It is a Canon Power Shot S3IS... 6.0 mega pixels... 12 x optical zoom... it has Super Micro and Micro, take movies, stitch photos together to make longer photos... the list is endless and I found out I can add new lenses to it. I had always wanted a good camera and only now I am able to afford one. I take up to 300 photos when I am on a vacation - Mike thinks I am nuts... I just love photography, though I am still a novice. I want a bigger one now though but will wait a few more years... haha.. Go crazy with it and experiment with it too... have fun and love the photos... Fliss