Monday, August 27, 2007

Any painting guru out there?


Bet ya all can't guess what I've been doing today! :)

Okay, so I have a few questions about painting the walls and hope someone out there knows a lot more than I do.

First of all, when I'm cutting in, how far "in" do I go?

Second, do I cut in all the ceiling, around the windows, doors, and corners of the entire room first and then lay it on with the roller? Or, do I do one wall at a time? Or, a different way altogether?

Third, when I am painting a second coat, do I cut in again and then re roll the wall again, repeating the entire process? Or, do I just roll on the second coat without cutting in again?

And lastly, when do you peel off the blue tape? When the paint is wet or after it's all dry?

Any hints, tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

5 comments:

Georgia said...

The only one I know the answer to is the blue tape. I heard you're suppose to pull it off when its still tacky.

As for the rest, can't help ya. We're slap it on and call it done, sort of painters.

stephanie said...

I've done a lot of painting but I can't call myself a guru.

Here's what I know:

1)Cut in and roll one wall at a time.
2)If two coats are needed, yes you will find you need to cut in twice as well.
3)Pull off your tape when it's still wet. There will be less chance of pulling off the paint.

Jeter's Mama said...

go get a edger.
Best invention evah!

Yes, Minister... said...

Call Jose Painting :D

Actually, I do it the same as Stephanie, pull the tape of while it is still wet or tacky.

Headmeister said...

Well, I know I'm late on this and you've already painted your heart out, so nothing I say will make a difference! lol! Now I'm just curious how the paint job turned out!