Monday, July 02, 2007

Back to Monday


First of all, I really, really hope referrals come this week. One of our local families, Brent and Cindy will receive their referral this time. Another one of our local families, Ann and John have just returned home with their little Katie. I can hardly wait til the next potluck so we can see them. And, Lisa and Doug just received their visas so hopefully they will be traveling soon. So, as you can see, it's an exciting time once again in our little corner of the world.

Happenings of last week - Saturday, Lisa S. and I went to A Dinner A'Fare and prepared 13 meals. Before doing that, I did a bit of shopping so by the time I was done, I was too tired to fix anything that I had made so I ended up stopping for take out. Go figure!



Tuesday brought another dental visit! This one spend a total of three minutes with me, telling me that yes, indeed, I needed a root canal. Oh joy. After that wonderful news, I headed to Lisa's for lunch. Lisa prepared a great broccoli and chicken dish along with some salad, rolls, and Mac and cheese for the kids. Debbie always takes such beautiful shots of the girls so have a little peak of them on her blog.

Thursday, Mick and I went furniture shopping. We then hit the mall where we stopped by the Swarovski store in the mall. I have always thought they were cool but my fascination with these little crystal items actually came to light when I received this one from Mick a few months ago.

Since then, I had been wanting to get these next two items.


Okay, when we went to pay for these things, the woman said something like it seems like everyone around is having babies. I told her that we were both adopting and she asked where. When I told her, she said, "So am I." We chatted for awhile and invited her to our next potluck. I had printed up some business cards just for such an occasion but do you think I had any with me? Oh well, I got her information and hopefully, we'll see her again at the next potluck. Oh, I also got the ladybug at the top of the post.

Saturday, we went to Georgia and Jeff's for a fun filled evening playing Wii. Mick summed it up really well in her description on her blog. I am sore from the boxing, bowling and tennis games I played. You get a really good workout playing with this game. I'm surprised they haven't marketed the weight loss industry yet, or have they?

The missing days were pretty uneventful. On to a new week and another day of waiting marked off the calendar. We did hit a full 19 months this last week too. Woohoo! I'm guessing we'll see No. 22 before we see her face.

2 comments:

Lisa and Doug said...

You had a busy week! It was great seeing you on Tuesday and Saturday! I was sore on Sunday too. I have GOT to get a Wii. It was quite a workout.

Good luck at the dentist tomorrow!

Mick & James said...

That was a really fun shopping trip. It calls for a repeat.