Friday, July 06, 2007

4th of July

myspace backgrounds


First of all, I want to thank everyone who came to our Bar-B-Que. We had such a good time and enjoyed every minute of it, including the burnt burgers. Poor Matt. HAHA The grilled corn, on the other hand was some of the best ever! This was the first time we ever put it on the grill and oh, what a treat. Thanks Deb for showing and helping me unwrap it. Matt still managed to grill up some great burgers and hot dogs. The only ones that got burnt were the last four, which we didn't need and he forgot about. Eammon was the only brave one to try one of the well done ones. He said it wasn't bad but I think he was just being polite. Everyone walked away from the table stuffed!

Here are a few photos, taken by others, Lisa and Deb. How stinkin cute are they? Maisie LOVES going for the spice drawer and she'll bring them all out, shake em, bang em and takes them all over the house. Having little ones over surely teaches me the hot spots that I need to baby proof. (The spice drawer for sure.) LiLi spied the stacking cups and she was having so much fun with them. She would stack them in my hands and then knock them over, giggling every single time. It was soooo funny to watch her and see her laugh. She took one and threw it but Momma stopped her and then, she got all sad and this little beauty has soo many facial expressions. She would just stand there with this serious, hurt look on her face. It was priceless. She then got over it after a couple of minutes of coaxing and then she was fine again. I think she learned her lesson, not to throw them.




The last part of the evening, Debbie, Dan, Ian, LiLi, Matt and I all went to the Kohl's parking lot for fireworks. We ran in to check if they were still having them but since we're technically still in a drought, they cancelled them. We did find out that they were still having them in Canton - go figure. Anyhoo, we ran into Target where Ian could pick out some of his own and went back to their place to set them off. We opened up a bottle of wine and sat and chatted while Ian did the honors. Not too bad of a show! This brings me to the best part of the whole day! I don't know if LiLi was a little scared, tired or just wanting some cuddle time but she choose me! I love this last picture that Debbie took. LiLi crawled up into my lap, snuggled in close, face to face while Ian lit the fireworks. Then she would sit up just a little bit, about six inches from my face and took my hair in both of her hands and stroked it. She looked at it, felt it, studied it and kept running her fingers through it. It didn't matter that she had just eaten two sugar cookies with frosting. I bet we sat there for 30-45 minutes or so. Every time the fireworks would go, she would glance around to see them then cuddle in closer. Having her reach out to me was so awesome. She really melted my heart and made me wish for Chani to come home. Debbie said that she's never let anyone else hold her for that long. Awwww, talk about cloud nine! I'll end with my two most favorite photos of the day.

6 comments:

amy said...

Those are all lovely pics but the last 2 are precious. Glad you had a good time!

Lisa~~ said...

Thanks for having us over, it was great fun! Nice way to end anyday, with hugs from a little one...soon it will be Chani giving you those hugs all the time.

Georgia said...

Lisa's right! Before long, you'l have more baby hugs than you can handle!

Lisa and Doug said...

I am so jealous that you got all those LiLi hugs! :) Sounds like a wonderful evening - I am so sorry we missed it. I think we know what to get Miss Maisie for Christmas - should it be paprika or oregano? Ha!

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Sounds like you had a great time. Love the photos...

Mick & James said...

The food was awesome! All of it!
(well all but 4 torkee boigahs).