Thursday, June 14, 2007

Dental Visit

Okay, so today I went to the dentist, bright and early this morning. He had to use two shots of Novocaine to numb me up. He then proceeded to drill, splash water and use tons of instruments and gunks in my mouth. I have no idea what all he did but I just let him go about his business. When we were finished, I found out that this is just a temporary crown and my new one would be here in about two weeks. I didn't expect this and thought this one would be my permanent one. He said the cavity went deep and he had to pull out all the old filling. I could have a tooth ache since it was so close to the nerve. He didn't think I would but if I did, let him know. Oh, he also nicked my lip with one of the tools he used. The Novocaine is wearing off now and my teeth are sore. My lip has stopped throbbing but it's sore. When I went to make my new apt for the permanent crown, I found out that the lab would be closed for a week or so and it wouldn't be here until July 16th, almost a month. I hope this pain goes away. It's not severe or enough to call him back yet but it's just plain sore and annoying. I think I'll stick to a liquid lunch today.

11 comments:

Mick & James said...

Oh, sounds like an additonal root canal to me... heh heh... that's what they did with me. Went about 2 months with a temp. crown.
Hang in there and be well. Toothaches are the pits!

stephanie said...

Oh you poor thing, Kathy! Hang in there and I say yes to the liquid lunch :).

Michaela said...

Liquid lunches are good (my dentist told me to have a glass of wine after the procedure)! Advil Gelcaps also work.
Hang in there - in the meantime, try not to loose your temp. crown.
Micha

Lisa and Doug said...

Oh goodness Kathy! That totally bites (literally and figuratively)! Just try to rest and load up on the meds.

Yes, Minister... said...

OUCH! That stinks ~ Yeah, I love they way they DON'T tell you about the tempoary crown ~ Dan went about five to six weeks w/ the temp before they got the permanent one in. Hope that you feel better :D

Georgia said...

That sounds awful! I'm so sorry. I'd love to type more, but I feel a real need to go floss my head off.

Shannon said...

Oohh...I feel for ya! My husband's been dealing with the exact same thing for months now!

amy said...

oh I hate that feeling..Hope you are better soon

Isabella's Mommy & Daddy said...

Hope you get to feeling better.. Sorry to hear about the pain..
Hope tomorrow is better.
Kim

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Yep... they leave the good news till last. Don't worry... on the 9th and 23rd I have fillings to be done. There was NO WAY I was going to get them done while before I went to Vegas... I have priorities...lol.. I think I will go gurgle and floss now...lol... Love Fliss

http://travellinfar.blogspot.com (a work in progress)

tracy said...

Dental work is crappy, expensive and just down right annoying. Hang in there!