Sunday, June 03, 2007

Another Local Gathering of the GAWait Group

Last night we had another of our near monthly gatherings of our local adoptive waiting families group. I think we had 27 of us meet up for dinner at Provino's. Eric and Jackie were the hosts for this one. We all sat around a U shaped table and chatted about everything. Here are a couple photos.




My meal was excellent. I had Chicken Romano - Boneless Breast, Ham, Cheese, Mushrooms & Wine Sauce. That, combined with their salad and oh so yummy garlic rolls. I know I packed in the calories but it was sooooo good.

It was great seeing everybody again and being able to share in their stories and seeing the little ones, Maisie and Emily. Emily is such an outgoing little girl and kept wanting to give Maisie a hug but she was having none of that. Way too cute! - At the end of the evening, Maisie was giving all the guys kisses good-bye. Another way too cute moment.

Ann and John finalized their travel arrangements and will soon go to China to pick up little Katie. If the rumors are correct and we only hit 11/7 this time, Cindy and Brent will just miss the cutoff by two days, just like Lisa and Doug did last month but, will be next and I hear that's not too bad of a place to be, knowing that you are for sure next. It's the unknowing that sucks. Lisa and Doug will finally get to see their photo of Briana and we're all so excited for them. Everyone else, well, we're all still waiting.

6 comments:

kris said...

What a fun outing! And wow, that's a big group of people!

Lisa and Doug said...

It was so much fun! Thanks for organizing Kathy! After last night's meal, I don't need to eat anything today - hee, hee. It was great seeing everyone.

Ok now - come on referrals!

Mick & James said...

As usual - it was a ton o'fun!

See y'all hopefully soon.

Colleen said...

Oh what fun!! I see a ton of people I just love in those pics! How is it ya'll are in one place?? LOL!!!

amy said...

Sorry we missed it, again..Sound like everyone had fun...

I hate rumors and I cant wait to hear whats going on

Yes, Minister... said...

Aw! Sorry we missed it ~ but we had to lay out on the beach :-D