Monday, May 21, 2007

Updates

So, I've been noticing that I'm getting tons of hits on my site but so few leave comments. If you do read it, please let me know that you have been here, even if only to say hi, I was here. Reading the comments is the most fun part of blogging for me. (Lisa S, you're an exception! HA!)

Okay, first of all, well, I guess, second of all, we've been really busy with all the wonderful activities going on.

Starting with Saturday, I went to Lisa's baby shower and what a beautiful shower it was. Her sister Amy and her Mom really went all out with the awesome planning down the last details on matching decorations, coordinating everything and pulling it all together. Kudos to you guys for a great party!! You did a fantastic job. Lisa, you looked smashing in your new red flowy shirt and all the smiles and laughter was such a joy after such a long wait. Now, bring on the referrals!!



After the shower, Lisa S. and I headed to Beef O'Brady's for some dinner before heading home. I can't believe that we sat there yapping until 9:00. Thanks Lisa, I had a great time.

I then came home to a house full of teenage girls. Ya see, Anna had her Farewell party that same night. Poor Matt had to coordinate things for a few hours while I was out enjoying some time away. He had them watching Edward Scissorhands and playing badmitton. They seemed to be having a good time.

Sunday

On Sunday, I got up and went to make the girls pancakes for breakfast, only to find that we didn't have any pancake mix. Oh no! What to do?? Then it hit me, duh, Kath, just make them from scratch. I've gotten so lazy about cooking lately that it seems everything I do starts with a box. It only took a few minutes more but I do think it was well worth it. They turned out pretty well and the girls gobbled them all up. But don't ask me to make the maple syrup from scratch.

After all the girls left, we headed to Buckhead to go to an art auction. Of course, we couldn't leave with the same amount of money we went in with but we did end up with two new pieces. We just need to build some more walls to hold them! That took us through most of Sunday and now we're back to a new week and planning for the next one.

16 comments:

Mick & James said...

{{walks around Kathy's blog, leaving some shoe prints}}

---- MICK WAS HERE ----

tee hee hee

stephanie said...

Great pictures! So bummed I had to miss out.

I didn't even know pancakes could be made from scratch :).

Lisa and Doug said...

Thank you so much for being a part of my shower! It would NOT have been the same without you! Thank you so much for all the goodies you gave me - you spoiled me girl!

Now we have to start thinking about your shower! :)

Michaela said...

Michaela was here, too. Pancakes from scratch, art auction- what a fun weekend! I can't wait to see the pictures of your baby shower.

Colleen said...

Hey....Colleen was here!!

Love those pics of Lisa's shower. Ya'll seem to live in one place and I'm all the way up here (and still saying "Ya'll" - go figure).

Isabella's mommy & daddy said...

Hello .. I am guilty of following your blog and not leaving a message.. I will from now on..
By the way, my name is Kim and I am from Arizona..

RoLo said...

Thanks for sharing the photos, it looks like you had a lovely time.

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Seems like you had a great time... I can't wait for my turn to come. Felicity
PS... I too love comments... they are fun to read...

amy said...

Cant wait to do lunch again. I am one of those lurkers who reads your blog all the time..I find it a great encouragement!

Michael & Tammy said...

Hi

I thought I would leave a comment (I love when people leave comments on mine too!)- I actually can't even remember how I found your site but I am very excited for you - your referral is very close (fingers crossed)

Tammy

Kim said...

Hellloooooooooooo!

BTW, I love the new header :)

Ani said...

Hi! I just found your blog through Lisa S. I look forward to "meeting" your little princess soon! All the best.
Ani

Brian & Darin said...

I know what you mean about getting blog hits but no comments. I seem to have really great traffic but most people (besides some of my "regulars") leave comments. I've gotten over the hurt! ;-) Thanks for visiting my blog (and leaving a comment)! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for a quick referral for you guys!

jon-n-tracey said...

first time visitor. leaving a comment. i can also relate to visitors who don't leave comments. anyway, i've just been visiting all the sites i can find with Nov LID. looks like a nice support group the ATL gang is for each other! Hang in there, we're getting closer!

kris said...

Wanted to say hi (linked you from the GA bloggy yahoo group) and want to get caught up on you, I've never visited your blog before. Glad you got to celebrate with Lisa (do follow hers) and I'll be reading some archives to get to know you better!

Have a great weekend!

DoveFamily said...

Hey guys, found your blog through Georgia & Jeff's. My husband and I are on the adoption roller coaster too - adopting from Ukraine. I've enjoyed reading about your journey, and can't wait to see the day when you get your referral and bring home your precious daughter! I know how frustrating it is seeing the hit counter go up but not getting many comments, so here's one more for your blog!

Jennifer Dove