Saturday, May 26, 2007

Not much to talk about

It is Saturday and I've been trying to spend as much time with Anna as I can. We ran out Wednesday evening to Joann's and then to Michaels to pick up some art canvases. I wanted twelve for a project. We had to hit both stores to get enough and we actually ended up with 18 or so. Anyhow, while Anna went to school on Thursday, I got to work painting the background. Her job was to then paint a Chinese Character on each of them. We should be able to finish them up today.

Later on tonight, we are heading over to Susan's for a last dinner with them. That should be fun. We're bringing her exchange student, Lily, home with us for the evening so she can participate in tomorrow's activities.

Tomorrow, we're heading to Mick's for a Redneck Bar-B-Que. Both girls will be going with us and enjoying that and their pool. It sounds like it's going to be tons of fun!

Monday will be our last full day with her and it will be just the three of us doing something fun. I don't quite know what that will be yet but we'll do something. Then, on Tuesday, she leaves, back to Taiwan. It is going to be a hard day for me. I suppose I will feel the way a parent does when their child goes off to college or moves out that very first time. Although, I know it's not as hard as having your own child go vs an exchange student you've only known for a year.

Wow, I asked and now I have received. Thank you guys for posting the comments and letting me know that you are here. There are a couple that posted but didn't link back to a blog address. So, if I haven't visited you blog, please post the address so I can.

6 comments:

kris said...

How awesome that you guys were able to offer your home to an exchange student... it must have been a great experience for all of you... sorry you'll have to say goodbye, but I hope you will all stay in contact.

Lisa and Doug said...

I can't wait to see how the project turns out. I am going to miss Anna! Looking forward to tomorrow!

amy said...

Sounds like you have been keeping yourself busy..Hope you have a good week

Stacy said...

Your project sounds really neat. I can't wait to see the finished work. :) Hint...hint...

Yes, Minister... said...

Intrested in know what project you need 12 canvases for? Hummmm????

Saying good bye is always bittersweet :-) Enjoy these last days together!

Avery's Mom & Dad said...

We have a Chinese exchange student arriving in August for the school year. We are so excited for her arrival, and hope our year goes as well as it sounds like yours went.

Looks like you are just around the corner from your referral, so that timing worked out great for you.

Curious if you have any tips or advice for us in hosting a student. We have raised 2 kids, so we have done this teenager thing before, but obviously a little different when it is not your child or they are from a completely different culture.