Monday, May 28, 2007

Georgia Renaissance Festival

Today we've decided to head south of Atlanta to visit the Georgia Renaissance Festival. We've done this a couple of times and it's like once you've done it, you've done it. But, we needed something to do as a family for our last family day together so the festival is it.


I've been up since 3:30, thanks to this little brat. Then, of course, I can't get back to sleep so this should make for a fun day. Guess I feel about as good as he looks in this shot.




I've been in a funk this last week. I've tried to keep busy but it all just seems so depressing. Maybe the reality of Anna leaving is starting to hit. I'm feeling like an old mother hen, as my Dad used to say. I tell her we'll see each other again but in all reality, we probably never will. This is sad. I've had this young girl under my wings for a year now and it's hard to let go. Even though it will be nice to have our lives back to normal, it's still hard and sad. She leaves tomorrow, so for today, I put on a brave face and try to make her last full day with us a happy one.

3 comments:

Lisa and Doug said...

I know it is going to be so hard to see Anna go. I hope you are able to keep in touch. But soon Chani will be home and she will keep you so very busy!

Have a great time at the festival!

Stacy said...

It is going to be hard to say good-bye, but I am sure you have given Anna a wonderful experience. It is going to be a time in her life she will never forget. She will never forget you.

You are a very special person to be able to open your home and your heart to another. I think it is just wonderful.

I hope today isn't too difficult for you.

Mick & James said...

Bye Bye Anna!
Safe Travels. It's been a pleasure to know you.