Friday, April 27, 2007

Spring Cleaning the Kitchen

THIS is what I have been doing for three days now. Well, all except for holding the baby which I'm still waiting on. For three days this week, I have been cleaning the kitchen. Just the kitchen. I can't believe that it's taking me so long to do just one room. I am cleaning from top to bottom but it's taking forever. I don't think it's has ever been so clean. I'm still working on it and will probably spend at least two days next week on it.


Tuesday, I went to lunch with Lisa and Amy. I finally had the chance to meet Amy, Lisa's sister. She was so much like Lisa and I had so much fun meeting her. We had lunch at Beef O'Brady's. I was bad and had wings while both of them ordered salad. We then went to a little house turned gift shop nearby called Traditions. It was a really cool place. One that I have wanted to go in but never took the time to do so. Boy, I really have been missing out. They had tons of great things in there and I ended up leaving with a few of them. It was a great day.

Then, on Wednesday, I went to visit a new friend, Rachel who has a 14 month old. I went over to see just how things work with a child that young. She had things down to a science and showed me how she prepared her food. She's into more natural ingredients and so I think I'll have to give that a try once Chani gets here. She gave me tons of advice and opinions on different items that I found useful. Another great day.

Tomorrow we plan on digging up the pine straw in the front yard and replacing it with bark or rock or something else. We're going to put in some edging too and clean it up a bit. I hope to get rid of the Junipers and put in better plants.

Well, break time is over, back to the kitchen.

3 comments:

Lisa and Doug said...

I am so glad that you and Amy got to finally meet! It was fun. Traditions is a dangerous place. Dangerous on my wallet that is! Ha!

Yes, Minister... said...

Sounds like fun with Lisa and Amy - but not in the kitchen. Something must be going round - because I felt the dire need to SCRUB my kitchen too. Gawd! You wouldn't believe how diry my floors were! Makes me really wonder about that swifter mop thing - but dang - it is so easy compared to the SCRUBBING I did today on my hands and knees. I was thankful that I have a - hum - small kitchen.

Mick & James said...

What's with the cleaning? LOL

Be at my house at 11:00 AM today.... LOL