Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Check out that smile! - UPDATE

Today I had to take Bindi to the vet to have some dental work done. Our pet sitter noticed him having a hard time eating and pawing at his face so I watched him and yep, he was doing all of that. He would even drop his food and was eating on one side so I took him to the vet Monday. Everything looked okay but she did want to do some dental work on him. Guess I'm not brushing his teeth as much as I should be. Occasionally I will but I need to work at it even more. They are going to polish them up above and below the gum line and see if there is any thing going on underneath. He has to be under anesthesia so it's a bit scary. They have tons of monitors on him and even a cardiologist on board from Florida working together. I feel he's in good hands. I'm a bit nervous but will have lunch with Lisa and Lisa today so that should help distract me from worrying about him.

I picked up Bindi at the vet and he did fine. He looks fine and there was nothing wrong. They cleaned his teeth and I have to give him some antibiotics. If he still shows the symptoms after that, they will bring him back in for an x-ray to see if he has a pocket under his tooth. This should help him though. I feel like they were a bit overzealous on his treatment but what can I do?

6 comments:

Redheaded Chick said...

Very cute! I hope all goes well with his teth cleaning...I am bad about that with Indie and Buca as well!

stephanie said...

Heh! That picture really made me laugh. At least you've brushed. I just go around saying, "Ooh, their breath really smells".

Yes, Minister... said...

Good distraction :-)

Lisa and Doug said...

It was so great seeing you today! Glad you are back from vacation. Love the pic of Bindi!

Georgia said...

Hope Bindi's okay. Brushing your dog's teeth is a chore both of us hate. The dog's not crazy about it either, although she does love her poultry flavored toothpaste! I almost never get around to it, but feel like I should now.

Robin said...

Oh my goodness. today is my first time on your blog and I had to laugh when I saw this picture. I have little yorkie too and she smiles exactly like this. It looks so "mean" but she is actually smiling. Plus, she'll do it on command when you tell her to smile. Priceless!!