Friday, March 09, 2007

Ten Years Ago

Wow, has it really been ten years? Ten years ago today, Matt and I had our first date. A couple weeks prior, we had been introduced in a bar where we politely said hellos but that was about it. I do remember him walking by me a couple of times and watching him do so. I don't remember much else about that night except for that and, he was wearing a Marvin the Martian hat.

About two weeks later, he said hello to me while I was online in a local chat room. I was frustrated with my computer and he said that he knew a lot about them. He then offered to take a look at it in exchange for dinner and a movie. He was such a cheese ball but I agreed and set it up for March 9Th, 1997.

We went to a really nice Italian restaurant and then to a horrible movie, "Howard Stern's Private Parts." I don't know why we choose that one unless it just happened to be playing at the time. But, I'm sure Matt will tell you that it was me who wanted to see it. Even though, the night ended well.

Five years ago today, we were in Savusavu, Fiji where we got married and spent our honeymoon. We stayed at Namale Resort. This place was awesome! They have 13 Bures which are little houses, very exclusive and private. They only allow adults so only 26 could be on this island at one time, along with the staff. When we were there, for the most part, we were the only ones there. The first and last day, we had company but the entire week, it was just us and the locals and/or staff. A couple of the local villages gathered for the wedding which was at sunset on the beach. They sang their traditional Fijian songs and dance. We had a Kava ceremony where we drank their intoxicating drink. Putrid! It tasted like dirt. :) We then had a candlelight dinner and they sang "Wonderful Tonight" by Eric Clapton. That has now become our song. I have such fond memories of them singing it. Their English wasn't quite right and when the song says, ..you just don't realize how much I love you...- They would say ...I lub you. It was so funny. That night/week was so beautiful.

Fast forward to tonight. We have tickets to see John Heffron at the Funny Farm. We watched him win the Last Comic Standing a couple of years ago. That was the only reality TV show that we both have liked and watched. We have also seen Alonzo Bodden, and Jay London who competed with John. I'm really excited for tonight and can't wait to laugh my ass off. Oh, Anna is staying at Sarah's again tonight and Adair's tomorrow night so we have another free weekend to ourselves!! Yippee

8 comments:

stephanie said...

Happy anniversary! Your wedding sounds like it was amazing. Enjoy your weekend......alone!

Lisa and Doug said...

Happy, Happy Anniversary Kathy and Matt! Hope you have a wonderful evening! Hmmm, Howard's Sterns Private Parts - so romantic - LOL!

Cindy and Brent said...

Fiji!!!! Wow! Looks beautiful. Congratulations!

Yes, Minister... said...

Happy Anniversary! I love "how we got together story's" Chani will love learning about her mommy and daddy someday!

Made in China said...

Happy anniversary!! Sound like a beautiful wedding!

Colleen said...

You got married in FIJI?? How stinkin romantic!!! Happy Anniversary. Enjoy the little time you have left just the two of you....soon it will be 3!!!

Dannye said...

happy anniversary, isn't it funny the memories we have?? I remember when I met my husband for the first time I thought he was weird, but yet here we are going on 8 yrs (and yes I still think he's weird, hehehe)....

Mick & James said...

Happy Anniversary!
Hope you had a good time at the comedy club.

About the private parts.... I 'spoes you didn't get the hint? LOL.